The Hitching Post

Davearama:

Thanks for the post on Bobby…yes, he was a great guy…married his Miami sweetheart Cindy Fehr, a girl from
Cincinnati.(her brother was a Delt as well). After college, they resided in Mt. Lookout and raised three beautiful and accomplished daughters.

I have seen Bob a few times over the years, including a NC hiking trip with a bunch of college buddies about 10 years ago now , and also a couple of college football games.

His sudden death of a heart attack at age 60 was quite a shock to all…I was at his funeral in Cincinnati at their large Catholic Church and it was overflowing that day…clearly he meant a lot to his church family, and his brave daughters all spoke so lovingly of him at the service…

Thanks again for mentioning it.

4 Likes

This kind of respect is what makes me proud to be a part (albeit a tiny one) of this grand history. I don’t know the man who passed, but I honestly bet we’d have been friends. Odd to say about a stranger but our DNA is likely closer than strangers.

2 Likes

Great thread- lets establish on this site by a vote on an annual basis a " Hitching Post " award in football ( maybe. all sports) to be given to the best player for the season who comes from a high school closest to Oxford ( or closest to Darrtown )- maybe even some NIL money included!

3 Likes

Tuesday night is Taco Tuesday. Great if you can get there early, then hit a Miami basketball conference matchup. We sometimes hit the Post before Saturday afternoon hoops games. .

1 Like