The Chase for the NCAA Season Home Run Record

I pulled the 158 number directly from the NCAA record book. Maybe it was outdated? Maybe CWS games don’t count? Maybe post-season games don’t count?

Let’s hit 160.

5 Likes

Might as well have the record and some padding. To do this, the team has to plan on 4 a game. Then it’s in control.

1 Like

Now that I double back, I think I looked at an old record book on line.

!

OK, Oklahoma claims they hit 161 (Roger Maris, anyone?) in 2021, and that is the NCAA record (hence the asterisk).

Let’s hit 162.

1 Like

Question: do we get the MAC tourney to do it or do we only have five more games…

1 Like

Make it Mariseaque and go for 62! Funny to see the asterisk on 161.

I believe Miami is currently hitting just over 3 home runs per game. Compare that to the Sooners 2.68 per game in 2021 when they hit a total of 161.

Record is 161

2 Likes

I am planning on seeing at least game one of the Toledo double on Tuesday. That is if I can find Scott Park. How hard can that be?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zzSo2Q5pE2XzsbnVA?g_st=ic

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what I did too. Softball place is near there. Says about 25 minutes or so away. Now if the weather is good, I’m there.

1 Like

Post season stats in football and basketball have always been counted, so I would think it would be the same for softball. For example Rashad Amos had a big game in our Bowl game this year that put his season rushing total over a thousand.

2 Likes

So how many home runs are we at now?

1 Like

143 home runs with five regular season games remaining

2 Likes

Miami has 20 run rule wins and 2 run rule losses, which equates to a loss of 44 innings or 6.3 games.

2 Likes

Spaid and Golembiewski with two apiece to move to 32 and 28. Spaid is at 99 for her career. 32 moves her into a tie for 4th most in a single season.

3 Likes

7 HR in today’s double header at Toledo.

1 Like

Hey, look at this:

5 Likes

Somewhere out in P4 land, some collective is probably preparing a guaranteed multi-year, multi-million dollar offer sheet for Kirin Kumar.

Yesterday I started a thread on the MAC board about the softball team’s historic season. I wondered if someone could link this Hawktalk article to my thread.