The all-inclusive Canisius series thread

From the post-game notes: first OOC road sweep since Jan. 2-3, 2015 at RPI.

5 Likes

Damn. That stat says a lot.

Well it’s obvious but the level of competition takes a huge jump with DU up next. But for now, I’ll take 4-1-1.

3 Likes

Be great to earn a win next weekend against the defending champs. 4 wins is nice considering the Team managed 7 total last season.

Hopefully Miami has great crowds both games

4 Likes

I thought we won 2 at Western Michigan in early January 2021?

Sounds like OOC is the differentiator

1 Like

Oh yes. Still a bit foggy from the weekend.

Received 5 votes in the USCHO poll this week. Would put as at “27th”. A solid chance this weekend to climb back into the polls for the first time in a while.

3 Likes

This weekend will be an indication of how far we have come and how far we still have to go. Denver is on a totally different level than the teams we have played so far, but being competitive against them is the level you have to get to in order to experience any success in this league.

6 Likes

Miami was competitive last season with DU at home. Think they gave up a 4-2 lead in the 3rd period once and ended up with a OT loss.

So hoping Bergeron is the answer and we get back on top (thats what she said)

Agreed.

Also agreed. Sounds like the arena is going to be rocking this weekend, which should help.

Thoughts on both games:

Friday: Here
Saturday: Here

4 Likes

Very thorough as usual Dr. Bonk. Say, I wonder when we will see our first Lurker visit of the season. In football, many have suggested the autumn wind is a Raider (ok NFL films did), but in hockey I would proffer the wind is a Lurker. If we get a win this weekend, I bet he makes an appearance.

2 Likes