#Team117

For the past few weeks the team has been putting the hashtag #Team117 on their tweets. I searched the hastag but couldn’t find what it is referencing other than a Georgia high school football team had been using it most recently. A google search didn’t turn up much other than a possible link to Halo?
Anyone know what it means?

2 Likes

Could that be their first year floor as a goal? That would be a huge leap for Miami hoops from the past 10 years.

1 Like

Miami basketball’s first season was 1899. My guess is there are four years in there the team didn’t play, making this Miami’s 117th team. I would guess Steele is using it as a reminder to leave the program better than you find it. “Make it so team 118 is in a better place than 117” type thing. But I’m just guessing so all that could be BS.

3 Likes

I think that’s probably it, though per sports reference there have already been 117 seasons, which should make this team 118 (unless you start with a team 0?)

4 Likes

I thought seasons as a possiblity also but wasn’t sure.

They haven’t used it on their last couple of tweets so maybe it will live among the mysterys of Miami lol

2 Likes

We’re just pretending one of the Cooper teams didn’t happen.

1 Like

I’m willing to say the COVID year didn’t count, as the end of the season was wiped.

1 Like

Cheers…assume that had to be it, as so variable for each team.

4 Likes

An answer! lol

7 Likes

Good script. Love the exterior shot of Millett at the end with the small push in. Nice video.

2 Likes

Anyone know why the game is at 8:30? That’s generally when I start thinking of bed.

1 Like

Loved the Marquette scoreboard shot. We attempted to storm the court but were in row WW, so it was 5 minutes into the second game when we finally made it. Kind of anticlimactic.

3 Likes

Women’s game at 6pm vs. X
Men’s game at 8 pm

3 Likes

Steele just gets it…he’s the entire package.

Were I the AD, I’d extend him…NOW…and increase the buyout for that inevitable day.

3 Likes

“Every team needs a Beard.” - Bill Raftery

3 Likes

Kevin Beard’s dunk to clinch the win vs Arizona was a thing a beauty.

That entire team played with so much heart and were fearless.

5 Likes