St. Mary of the Woods

Mabry is smarter than most freshman as he’s been around so much basketball. High level basketball. Huge upside for him.

Ps, no more Curtis? Bummer.

What did he say to mabrey?

That dude is a total caveman.

My apologies to any and all cavemen out there.

2 Likes

I like that everyone got in the game. Will always respect that from a coach.

2 Likes

Central beats Michigan by 2.

2 Likes

Beat me to it…I posted in other games” category.

1 Like

Ps. Bold prediction from ole yeller: Mitchell R. gets into the lineup on a regular basis from here on out. Maybe 2 mins at the start, but by end of season is there. Would like to see Curtis play a spell to see what we have there. He looks like a rebound beast but, can he be? Time will tell.

I tend to think the opposite. Nothing against Rylee, Yofan, or anyone else. As MAC play emerges I think we will see a somewhat shorter bench. I would expect Harrison to get spot minutes in the first half of the MAC season, and see where he is from there. I would expect the same with Tatum. Spot minutes for Lairy. Otherwise, our rotation will be Lairy, Anderson, Smith, Mabrey, Safford, Lewis, Morris, and Kamari. I would expect 10-15 minutes total for anyone else off the bench combined, barring injuries or foul trouble.

4 Likes

As the MAC schedule gets going I see fatigue as a real issue if we don’t have a longer bench. The big man AM needs to be managed as we need him come March. And other guys have had their share of injuries. To me, even if just for a few minutes 3-4, it’s smarter management. Assuming of course there’s no drop in play.

The clear plan with Anderson is to rotate him with Morris. I think we might see Harrison spell him a few minutes a game as well. Coming off shin surgery, I think easing Harrison in is the right way to go. If we need to go “big” we might occasionally see some mix of Anderson, Morris, and Harrison on the floor together. Not all 3, just 2 of them.

2 Likes

Something i noticed is we started pressing the ball carrier off made baskets. I renege Coach Steele saying he wanted to play a higher intensity defense and run more, but we haven’t had the bodies to do it. My guess is we really need Lewis to cover for Lairy and Harrison to add another body to the post rotation. Just that extra pressure to take a couple extra seconds before a team can get into their offense can help out a lot.

1 Like

At least Miami players are finally being coached correctly on how to play defense and how to play with intensity…how to move the ball around, how to move without the ball, how to work for “a better shot.”

Quite a change from the “chuckin’ threes and mosey back on D” that was the style in the last several years.

As Steele gets these kids even better acclimated to what’s expected of them, I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised with how much more competitive this team is…plus, some nice reinforcements on the way for next year and beyond.

2 Likes