So, apparently Buffalo tomorrow

This is starting off poorly in 2nd half.

Only 2 assists and limited free throw attempts…ugh…so Jack O.

When I watch UB, I wish it was how we played, but alas, this is why we are 3-5…if treys fall in big numbers we win…otherwise…you get this…close but no cigar.

We will see if trey shooting holds up.

Dalonte please wake up and play like you can.

1 Like

Mac basketball motto should be “we love to call charges”

Hey tie game…

LETS GO. Dalonte with a massive 3.

1 Like

Miami in the lead and I have absolutely no idea how they’ve done it.

2 Likes

But not Technicals on home team, when they try to punch us.

Dalonte showing up and Ayah big boost!!

Impressed, but we went inside a bunch and Dalonte woke up!!

2 Likes

Holy shit this is a nice win!

2 Likes

Miami has been excellent offensively in the second half.

1 Like

Yea us!

2 Likes

I don’t quite know how Miami won but I’m extremely happy they did! Double digit road win at the MAC favorite certainly takes some sting out of how the OOC ended.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a second half box, and I know we shot 47% from 3 overall, but we had to be around 60% overall FG in the second half. Inside 10 minutes there may have been one bad shot. Lairy was the star but the Ayah pick and roll was an instant bucket late in the second half.

2 Likes

Amazing win. Gritty gutsy win. Terrific start to MAC play. And I would like to see more Williams, Avance and Harrison. And less Eli and ICL.

4 Likes

Our Big three had 68, theirs had 67. The difference was we had a 4th scorer with Ayah adding 13. We struggled in the first half mostly because Dalonte had 3 fouls and sat out a lot. He is by far our best defensive rebounder and they killed us with offensive rebounds while he was out.

Dae Dae played all 40 minutes and really looked tired much of the game. I thin Lairy had a career high of 28 points. In the second half, for the first time this year, Dalonte really tried to post up and go to the offensive boards. This was the Dalonte Brown that averaged 18 and 8 the last 10 games last year. Today, when Dalonte was on the court, was the best we have played all season. I thought Williams and Avance were just as effective as White and ICL have been.

5 Likes

Mehki is hard to figure out. When he plays like he did today he looks like he could play for any top ten program. I really do hope we see some consistency,m. I believe if he strings enough 20 something games together we could see him getting looks for the G league. When he’s on, he’s the best player we’ve had in a long time.

Incredible win. Should make for a fun trip home

2 Likes

Yea us (I was Bashjacked).

3 Likes

The difference between a true professional, and the rest.

Over the years, I’ve read messsge boards at Dayton and Notre Dame. When either of their teams have had to use the Miami feed to follow the games between their teams and Miami, all their fans have been extremely complimentary of Bake and how well he paints the game, over the air.

2 Likes

The UB announcers, especially the color guy, were horrible. I almost never get upset or distracted by game announcers. But these guys we just bad. Bake says when he and Randy are doing an ESPN feed, they are more balanced.
As I have said several times, we are extremely lucky to have Bake and Randy. More obvious the more I listen to the current crop of MAC announcing teams.

2 Likes

Assuming it’s COVID, how long can we expect White and ICL to be out? And does this one game mean Avance has lost his RS?

1 Like

RH65 I believe you can play 4 games and still keep your redshirt. At least that is what it used to be. That being said, I would lift Avance’s RS and get him in the rotation for good. Let him have ICL’s minutes. Bottom line is if ICL isn’t hitting threes, he really gives us little. I would rather develop Avance. Avance, Williams, Harrison-they are part of the future of this team. I also think they give us a better chance to win than ICL and Eli. As for Ayah, I have said it before, he and Lairy have a special chemistry on the floor together.

2 Likes