Schedule is OUT

IU in Indianapolis, @UC…Akron and Kent only once…Toledo (the unbeatable for Miami, two shots at 'em) excited to see what Travis can do with this group, even in his first year.

1 Like

I like it. Some potentially winnable games against power conference teams, a few decent mid majors/local teams in there, and not too many home games during J-term.

1 Like

Travis should be familiar with Toledo as well…feel like X played them quite a bit during his tenure…need to get a W…agreed on schedule nice OOC, good MAC slate.

Kent and UB early @ home.

1 Like

This schedule is correct. It’s the first real schedule in a long time. I love that there are no D3 games. Those are a waste of money IMO. If we need a scrimmage we can call up Hamilton or Middletown. I will miss yelling Spaulding at my keyboard though.
SPAULDING!!!

2 Likes

I like it! Some decent OOC home games as well!

2 Likes

I was surprised at how many true home games we got this year in the non conference. No UC at home this year of course but good to have Evansville, Marshall, Indiana State and Wright State at home

Conference schedule is better. I like the Ohio game on a Saturday for both schools. Weird that we dont have away Kent or home Akron but being one division requires less games vs the East

I did read that some of the Saturday conference games could move to Friday for TV

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised…this schedule looks great overall…

1 Like

Great schedule! A big upgrade over what we were playing in the Jack Owens era but not crazy - like perhaps Duke, Kansas, Louisville and Gonzaga on the road

2 Likes

I don’t hate it. Lots of winnable games. 7 of 10 OOC games were 200+ in KenPom last year.

Interesting we are starting 3 new Home & Home series, all in Oxford.

2 Likes

Hard to worry about rankings at this point right…hopefully racking up wins! We also owe Bellarmine.

The BB schedule this season is one Charlie Coles would have loved.

3 Likes

Yes…and just remembered Travis only gets his brother once with Akron…maybe meet up again in tournament, hopefully.

This schedule isn’t even close to some of the schedules Charlie used to play. Charlie would have us play multiple top 10 (maybe top 5) teams. This schedule is still a strong schedule, but much more appropriate for Miami.

3 Likes

well not the death march, but still one that he said Charlie would love (or approve of)…so renmanaz take still stands…

Not that far off the late CC schedules:

Zero lower division opponents, these still had some, but also juggernauts of D1…but certainly not this (still got 16 wins, against this!):

Skins: Thanks…My comment should be taken in the context of our scheduling for the past few years which appeared totally inadequate. If Steel and Miami BB has the success I expect it to have, our scheduling should continue to get even better. Better scheduling works wonders for recruiting, player morale, fan support, etc.

1 Like

I’m impressed, but not surprised at all with what Steele has done in such a short time…hopefully on court follows sooner than later as well…

Related to Phil Steele?

I was at that 38 point blowout at NC State. I knew we were in trouble after sitting through that one cause we had a date with Wilmington College ahead of us on our schedule. A nightmare!

Remember the mythical S.W.Ohio championship?
Miami,Dayton,Wright State,UC,Xavier.
Add NKY and schedule them every year.
Probably impossible….makes too much sense.

1 Like

Back in the good old days the mythical conference was called The Valley in basketball and was published as such in the Dayton and Cincinnati papers.

1 Like