Redhawk Football Weekly watch

I have watched the last two episodes and I have enjoyed the new format this year

I actually thought Luke West Polley asked really good questions this week and slightly different than the press conference and hawk talk which sometimes ask the same questions

Coach Martin is very honest. So if you ask him a good question he cant really coach speak it. He is concerned if we can get the guys to bounce back this week and I am too. I know some on this board are derisive of UConn but they won at Southern Miss last week by 4 tds and I doubt anyone else on our schedule (maybe western) could do that

Where can I find/acess these interviews?

Miami RedHawks YouTube

Miami lost at UC on September 13, 1986 by a score of 38-45. I personally know that they were pretty devastated by that loss. The next week, on September 20, 1986, they played in Baton Rouge in front of more than 75,000 on a rain-soaked night… and the rest of the story is legendary.

3 Likes

It is funny how the mind works. I attended both of those games(the UC contest was at Riverfront Stadium). I would have sworn that the UC game was after the LSU contest.

Polley could be the next “Voice of the Redhawks” whenever Bake hangs it up…hopefully not soon.

1 Like

That is a possibility but I have to believe it would be a way station on to much bigger things.

He has a lot of talent and very polished at this stage of his career.

I expect he will go far and make Miami proud.

We also played at Riverfront in 1990, the week after we played LSU. UC was game #4 that year.

1 Like

IIRC, we also played UC at Riverfront in 1982, and lost. Crowd of something like 26,000 on hand w lower deck pretty full. It was on TBS, and was the last game of the season.

I lived in Denver at the time, but I had made it to HC in Oxford earlier that year when we played BG on CBS (or maybe ABC) Regional game (Dave Diles did the play by play). We won that (I wanna say 17-12 or some low scoring game like that) to go 5-0, but we ended up a disappointing 7-4 that year under HC Tom Reed.

Footnote: we never won the MAC in Reed’s 5 years, but we did upset both North Carolina and Kentucky during his tenure. We also beat Northwestern earlier in the 1982 season but that was during a stretch when NW was horrible.

Was at the BG game. Miami Field had a over flow crowd. Was my JR year.

1 Like

Yea SRO. I remember. Last year for old Miami Field and we had big crowds all year.

I was at both of those.

1 Like

Me too think Miami lost to UC 20-0?

20-10.