Prediction Thursday - Temporary stadium and all

What happens if you don’t have to go to work tomorrow?

2 Likes

17-14 good guys.

Miami 28-24. Tens of fans will leave bitterly disappointed.

24-17 Miami!

1 Like

4 Likes

31-17

Would be great to start the season off 1-0 with a big 10 win.

1 Like

MUHAWK…lucky dog, I own the place and have to go to work in a few minutes. So now that you don’t have to worry about being “workplace casual” you can get even more Redhawkish gear around the house and style out when you go out. Time for the full “Love & Honor” mode. Start with a Redhawks hat, put on your best Redhawks golf shirt, don’t forget the Redhawks red tees shirt, put on your best set of Redhawks red red undies (ain’t that a sight!), and don’t forget your Redhawks red shorts, socks and athletic department official team sponsor Adidas red gym shoes. We’ll be looking for your post! L&H

2 Likes

I apologize but I am not as confident as the board. I think NW roster had turnover but I think they probably upgraded at qb.

We have done a great job of keeping a lot of players and having depth but we did lose some good ones

Last night score showed a bigger gap between fbs and fcs that I ever remember and I have some concerns that they same thing between G5 and P4 will play out this week

NW 23 Miami 13

2 Likes

It’s a nice stadium there at North Central College in Naperville

3 Likes

College Football 25 prediction:

Miami 27
Northwestern 7

Note: This game was played as the Boca Raton Bowl. I didn’t want to play at Ryan Field and I wanted the smaller stadium. There is a lake near FAU Stadium (not nearly as large as Lake Michigan, obviously) and although it’s not visible in the game, at least it’s close and a more realistic type of setting (barring the palm trees, of course) than what Ryan Field would have provided.

Miami’s man defense is just overpowered in this video game. After forcing a 3-and-out (featuring consecutive sacks) to start the game, the MU offense marched the 49 yards down the field and opened the scoring with a Jordan Brunson 3-yard run. Another 3-and-out set up another drive starting inside Northwestern territory and Keyon Mozee scored his own 3-yard TD run. Miami could have blown open the game but Brett Gabbert threw a red zone pick, which was basically the only bad play all game. Northwestern didn’t score until the closing minutes when the Wildcats broke up the shutout on a 15-yard run. Even with that score, Northwestern ended the game with -1 yard rushing (thanks mainly to 6 Miami sacks and the fact that the CPU basically gave up on trying to run early).

Brett was 18/24 for 153 yards and the interception. Keyon earned player of the game honors with 16 carries for 70 yards and 2 TDs. Brian Ugwu had 2.5 sacks and Raion Strader had the lone forced turnover for Miami with his 2nd quarter interception.

It would be nice if the actual game turns out to be as decisive and relaxing as this simulation.

5 Likes

I like that game!

Listed as one of the non-premier games to pay attention to this weekend:

2 Likes

This feels very even, and it’s a huge game for Miami’s CFP hopes. Isn’t it fun talking about Miami (Ohio)'s CFP hopes?

Yes. Yes it is.

6 Likes

I could be way wrong about the MACs ability to compete. Western playing well

3 Likes

That 2016 Cotton Bowl was quite fun! Fleck certainly has a nice future of non-mediocrity ahead of him.

Taylor has done a nice job building up Western after inheriting a pretty blank slate after the Lester era. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them bowling and maybe pull some upsets.

1 Like

They def looked a lot better than the team we beat by 13 out in Kazoo last season.

1 Like

Redsea takes it this week.