Pick The Underdog 2024

Imo New Mexico is gonna lose to a good Montana State, but I am interested how much they improve with Bronco Mendenhall now. NMSU/Jerry Kill certainly worked out for a coach late in their career venturing out to moribound program.

1 Like

Georgia Tech

1 Like

Hell, I’ll do it….GT!

1 Like

New Mexico for 13.5

1 Like

New Mexico

Georgia Tech, please.

1 Like

Nevada

New Mexico +13.5 over Montana St

UNM please

I know Montana State is a really good FCS program and New Mexico is a really bad FBS program but Jesus… you’re a 2-touchdown underdog???

Of course, there are no enticing options, so give me New Mexico over Montana State.

New Mexico please and thank you.

New Mexico…”Everybody wants to be a Lobo!”…If you have never been to one of their games, that is their favorite cheer.

I think I beat the first game kickoff.
New Mexico please

UNM up 10-0 in first quarter.

1 Like

Ramblin’ Wreck!!!

I think a lot of people are underestimating how chaotic this year is going to be and how many teams will have a chance at making the playoff. The unbalanced scheduling in these enormous conferences will give a number of teams a chance to make the playoff if they can win 1 or 2 big games. On the flip side, if you don’t win your big games, you shouldn’t deserve to make the playoff. That’ll be a real question at the end of the year. Will the CFP committee leave out a name program if they fall short of the hype?

For instance, if Ohio St. goes 10-2, losing to Oregon and Michigan, only beating Penn St. and with a non-conference schedule, they should be on the bubble behind, let’s say a 10-2 Michigan, which means Michigan beat Ohio St. and only losing to 1 of Texas, Oregon, USC, and Washington.

With this win, I wouldn’t be surprised if Georgia Tech starts 7-0. I think many have underestimated teams that return the majority of their offensive and defensive line depth. Georgia Tech had more returnees than Florida St., plus an experienced QB in his 2nd year of running the same system. Everyone’s talking about the same 8-12 teams in the playoffs, and with some good reason. But there will be many more teams that will pop up on everyone’s radar.

2 Likes

The preseason Top 25 has no G5 teams. There are always at least 2 in the final AP Poll and there have been as many as 5-7 in the last 6 or 7 years.

IMO the talking heads have wasted a lot of time focusing on just 10-12 teams this off season. There will be some big surprises for certain - starting today.

Week 0 frustration. WTF lobos

2 Likes

Puked up a 17 point second half lead!

IIRC I had like 7 or 8 picks in this competition last season where the underdog covered, but failed to win outright. College football is back!

1 Like