On to Ohio Game!

BTB - We’ve faced a few of those already. It usually means we score about 20 points on offense.

6 Likes

20 points won’t cut it against OU…need at least 28 and maybe 31 I’d venture.

2 Likes

True…but apparently they did not get memo…

Held UB to sub 200 yards for 90% of game…then of course our former coaches now at OU, does not help.

They were aggressive and flying around last night. Every game is different. I wouldn’t get too wrapped up in stats.

What impressed me about OU last night was the way Rourke was throwing the ball…very accurate. I don’t know if that was a one game thing or he’s been pretty good all year…haven’t seen any of their other games so have no idea. He found the holes in the Buffalo pass D and his passes were mostly right “on the numbers”.

Think he’s completing ~70% of passes…so all year.

Apparently he grew as well and is 6-5 220ish.
…so has great vision over line…field, probably adds to some his increased production.

I watched for a about 10 minutes and Rourke threw two balls right to the UB defensive back. The first he dropped and about 3 plays later he took one back for a pick six.

Rourke seems very accurate but also takes a lot of chances…hopefully our DBs can make some plays.

2 Likes

He’s 21 TDs to 4 INTs and 68% on year…so I would not count on that…but hopefully DEs can get to him.

You’ve made it quite clear you don’t get wrapped up in stats - like the difference between 9-3 and 4-8 seems to mean very little to you. Your statistical comfort zone appears to be about 6-6. I’m guessing you wax nostalgic for the pre-1995 days when ties were possible.

1 Like

To be fair, you watched the worst 10 minutes of his game last night.

Gabbert looks a lot better in these highlights, hopefully the extra time helps for OU.

3 Likes

That said these are a next level:

Gabbert wasn’t in great shape his first week back, definitely had that rust, he improved against Akron and hopefully that trend continues this week for OU. If Gabbert is Gabbert, I think we can win this. Our D is better than theirs and just need to get our offense moving again.

1 Like

Our defense will have to bend and not break. If we can limit their red zone opportunities to FGs instead of TDS it will be huge

3 Likes

Exactly

Miami- 24 Ohio- 21

We got this game in the bag!

Miami 56 - Ohio 10

2 Likes

Miami - 37
OU - 6

1 Like

I’ll have some of whatever you two guys are drinking! :grin:

1 Like