Ohio game

3 Likes

I think I speak for us all when I say, CRUSH OU!!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Beat the Bobcats!

4 Likes

I had us as a lock to win until the Firecrackers showed up on the docket. Shame.

1 Like

In all honesty, does anyone have an idea of what our record is when they perform at half?

We have never won per my archives.

2 Likes

I think there might be a way to ensure a win: usually when I watch the full game live, I jinx us and we lose. So I always make it a point to watch it slightly delayed. But maybe I watch it live knowing the firecrackers jinx will lead to a double jinx thereby canceling the jinx.
It’s complicated, but it might be the only shot we’ve got.

1 Like

Or it could backfire, and we lose by 40.

2 Likes

Tut tut. What to do….

2 Likes

Chuck booking his flight as we speak…

3 Likes

I’m only 38, but on my grumpy old man soap box: They should offer the jerseys to the first 750 general admission instead.

2 Likes

I hope you listen to at least one 38 Special song this year. It’s good luck you know. 38 is special. The last gasp of youth.

1 Like

OU was 3- 6 in the MAC until they beat us by 10 in Athens. That started a 6 game winning streak. Overall they are now 17-11 (9-6). They have to be thinking what could have been as two first team all MAC players hit the transfer portal. Both now start for power house programs in #2 Alabama top 20 Virginia.

6-10 center Dwight Wilson III is the 4th player in OU history with over 1000 points and 1,000 rebounds. He leads OU in scoring at just under 16ppg while starting guards Jaylin Hunter 12.6 and Myles Brown 10.8 are also in double digits.

Ohio has now beaten Miami 7 times in a row and leads the series 118-94. Miami 10-18 ( 4-11) is going for our first three game winning streak of the season and trying to keep our hopes of getting to Cleveland alive. We are tied with BG for 9th and tenth and one game behind Central Michigan who is in 8th place, but who also holds the tiebreaker, so we would have to finish ahead of them to make it.

Mekhi Lairy, Javin Etzler, Jackson Kenyan, and Wil Stevens will be honored on Sr. Day. Last year that was done after the game, but with a new staff, I am not sure when it will be held. For Mekhi Lairy, this is the end to a notable career as he continues to rewrite the Miami record book. He is currently 2nd in the nation in FT% .Mekhi has played in more games than anybody else in Miami history. He will also hold the all time ft% record.
He is currently 3rd in assists, 4th in points, and 6th in 3 pointers.

2 Likes

ML is a real talent. I think he will get looks by pro teams. Here and abroad. He’s got the tangible/intangible quality for success.

Going up to the game and UpTown shopping as I need a new license plate holder.

2 Likes

To Mr. Sackman

2 Likes

Come on in!

1 Like

Wondering if someone has been reading Marshall McLuhans theories…Maybe the medium really is the message?