Northern Illinois men at Miami 7:00 Tuesday

These refs suck.

Get Potter back in.

Did you forget your Mando?

Here goes the Twilight Zone three minutes!

I would go with two big. Put Morris back on the court with Potter.

1 Like

Young teams are so frustrating. One day, they go toe-to-toe with the best team in the league, and then the next, they struggle against a 1-8 bottom feeder.

1 Like

41-28 on the boards. Looks worse than that.

And now Jump Around.

Jeez

Time to fire travis

1 Like

Coit reminds me of Eric Newsome

27 of our 53 shots have been threes. We have made 10.

That was a terrible last possession!

We’ve shown a lot of promise, but we’ve got a lot a growing up to do. Just an awful, awful loss. How do you beat Akron, go on the road and knock off Kent, and then lose to this POS team?

We drew up a play to throw a cross court pass to a non-three point shooter, down 3, who is 0-5 on the game, and it didn’t work? Go figure.

Travis needs to go now we know why Xavier let him go

That play had about as good of a chance to succeed as a Mirambeaux box out tonight.

2 Likes

Stahp

Even if Anderson caught that shit pass he wasn’t in position to shoot a three. So to sum up that last play: WTF!!

3 Likes

We started off the game nicely, our starters played very well. We subbed and our bench gave up the lead. It was clear to me that this was not a Mirambeaux game, NIU is too long and quick down low. The game was tied when we put our starters back in and we went on a 10-0 run to go up 10. The run lasted shy of 3 minutes. So what do we do? Sub back in Mirambeaux and we slowly lose the lead.

Also, after that point in which we led by 10, NIU played with much more intensity than we did until the last 3 minutes of the game. They beat us 19-5 on 2nd chance points. First shot defense was fine. I thought we made the right adjustment on Coit, taking the 3 away from him. But too often our bigs’ feet were stuck in the floor, especially Mirambeaux. 1 rebound in 21 minutes?!?! Potter and Morris to a lesser extent should’ve played more.

Credit to NIU, they challenged our guards on the perimeter, daring them to drive the ball and for much of the game, we were unwilling to drive. I hate that we don’t go back to things that work during the game. NIU’s bigs were crashing so hard on drivers, we could’ve driven and let Potter hang out on the 3 point line and shoot uncontested 3s. Cooper made a great pass from deep under the basket to Potter for a wide open 3.

We weren’t strong enough with the ball for long stretches as well. Ipsaro needs to be more aggressive and not defer so much.

And what were we doing at the end of the game? After Hunter started bringing the ball, it was clear NIU wasn’t going to foul, but we call timeout to run a side out-of-bounds play with 2 seconds left, letting NIU set up their defense while taking the ball out of our 3-time game-winning or game-tying shot maker (although he took some bad shots tonight).

Overall, we just didn’t play hard enough to win. NIU deserved to win the game tonight.

1 Like

Second chance points: NIU 19 MU 5
Outrebounded 45-33

2 Likes