No wonder there is apathy! - Miami Athletics Snapshot

Good post. I’m 72 and remember when it got boring winning the Reece Cup every year. But I, too, am optimistic. But I sure hope the U-turn starts soon.

And I agree–thanks Jive. Much better board with your leadership and moderation.

When I win hundreds of millions in the Lotto, no Miami team will ever have to endure an 11 hour bus ride after two away games. We will have the Miami Air Force to travel quickly and in style!

What is that? Five hours to Chicago, then an hour in Chicago traffic and another 6 or 7 to St Cloud or Duluth respectively. Aside from recruiting, that can’t be very good for the players’ performance when they get on the ice. Do we use the outerbelt at Chicago and pay the tolls or do we save the money by crawling up the Dan Ryan and Kennedy?

1 Like

If you view the sports at Miami like a portfolio of securities with a 10-year lookback, you’d be suffering huge losses pretty much across the board. There really doesn’t appear to be a portfolio-based promise of substantial improvement over the next decade unless some changes are made. I’ll leave it at that.

3 Likes

So the advisory is sell. Sad.

2 Likes

You only lose when you sell. Or, hold for the rally.

1 Like

Or change the “investment manager.”…

3 Likes

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

That’s a bonafide fact!

Yep, but it makes the present and thoughts for the future that much harder to accept.

Hard to believe how far Miami hockey has fallen

Basketball has hit rock bottom and is on its way back… finally a staff in place that understands Miami

Football is what it is at this point. We’ll always compete for the MAC, but because we carry 3 major sports, they have to go play a ridiculous OOC schedule

We beat a Big Ten school last season.

(Yes, haters I know, terrible team. But in 20 years, who will remember?)

1 Like

In 20 years they will always see it was Northwrstern, not Michigan, Penn State or Ohio State…

Maybe Northwestern will be the best by then. Or, maybe not. Point is, I look back on the records from “when we was great” that the lucky generation on this board got to witness. I see all kinds of big name wins. I don’t check the records of those teams we beat since….why? What’s the point? Anyhow, I’m at the track. The trifecta win is possible. The ponies look mighty good from my POV. We beat a major conference foe last year. Enjoy that, warts and all.