Nicholson = Groza Award!

After making the mistake of looking at the Bama message boards, I am happier than ever that Graham won. I read one thread of about 40 messages in which every poster referred to Graham as “that guy that won”. Not one poster even referred to him by name.

Exponential arrogance!

1 Like

The hilarious thing is if he stayed in the portal, they would have been falling all over themselves and their spouses/siblings to try to get him to Tuscaloosa.

1 Like

Congrats to Nicholson! Well deserved

1 Like

ESPN All American 1st and 2nd team announced today. ( I don’t believe ESPN list is one of the official ones used to confirm consensus or unanimous All Americans, but will be widely viewed).

Graham Nicholson was 1st team (again!), followed by Pizano of UNLV on second team. Bama kicker again absent. (will trigger even more outrage from the Bama faithful!)

Way to go, Graham! So great to have you back with us next year!

5 Likes

Writers, AP, Coaches, Sporting News and Walter Camp are the five used. Consensus is for 3 of 5. Only waiting on Coaches, but Graham is already consensus. He won’t by unanimous because Writers voted him second team

3 Likes

Consensus All American…has a nice ring to it!

3 Likes

Just read that he’s being considered officially consensus AA!

4 first teams and 1 second team

And I didn’t read this as a news story on our own goddamn website. Nothing on his all American status or the groza nations best award. First time ever in football for us. Argh

1 Like

Miami doesn’t really know how to “market” success…not in their DNA.

Plus they literally just put together the great campaign around players returning that garnered a lot of positive attention

2 Likes

Yeah, the Athletic Department website thoroughly covered Graham and his awards.

1 Like

Exceptional IGNORANCE! From Alabama!

1 Like

Thanks Moore. There’s so much news that things are getting buried in the archives!!!

I will reverse my criticism of the media team!!!

Now if we can just get the Consensus All American story published. Huge recruiting tool against our G5 peers.

'Bama has the IP patent on exceptional ignorance.

Which they stole from University of Michigan???

1 Like

The original Groza Miami connection!

3 Likes