Monitoring the Portal - Other Teams

Assuming he wants to play after college, I hope Danny can get healthy to have a shot at some training camp looks.

2 Likes

A family office that manages a wealthy EMU graduateā€™s funds just offered Caleb Williams $1 million to go to Ypsilanti.

EDIT: Charlie Batch works for this family office as their SVP of investment strategies.

Well, if thatā€™s true, itā€™s over. College sports has jumped the shark.

1 Like

Hereā€™s Batchā€™s original tweet.

Well, crap. Perhaps Liberty v EMU in the next college playoffs.

Iā€™ve also declared for the draft.

2 Likes

Iā€™m exploring my options.

3 Likes

Iā€™m committing as a grad transfer to Miami O. I got a terrific NIL deal at the OPub.

1 Like

Troy Brown, CMUā€™s star DB has entered the transfer portal.

Interesting to observe the intensity with which Indiana is locked into the portal. Since October 1 the Hoosiers have had 19 players depart - about 20% of their roster - and have acquired 7 new transfer-in players - all from other P5 programs.

1 Like

Yes very curiousā€¦ going to be quite the case study on how the portal impacts the game over the next few years.

2 Likes

Can never have too many QBā€™sā€¦

Greggieā€¦disagrees.
I wish he was here to defend himself.

1 Like

I wonder if the NCAA regrets not actually playing an active role in the management of FBS football? Between the transfer portal and the NLI stuff, the NCAA is going to become irrelevant.

2 Likes

Seems like CMU, Buffalo and some other mac schools lost a few more today

1 Like

Yes, and if true, I donā€™t need a beerā€”I need a dram of 25 year old Highland Park.

1 Like

Saw something from a reputable source yesterday that said the offer Charlie Batch made to Caleb Williams is technically a booster violation because it specifically offers pure pay for play. Had he offered it as a million dollar NIL opportunity to front for a product or a company or if the money was to be placed by a not -for-profit as an endowment to be shared with a specific position group like Texas did with its offensive line it would have been acceptable. Since Pandoraā€™s Box has been opened the NCAA has shown little interest in any kind of enforcement in this area. I doubt it will take any action against the booster, Batch or EMU.

I believe NESCADAD is accurate here. Iā€™m pretty close to the Purdue Fort Wayne program, and at a recent meeting with the AD, we were told there are restrictions that make out and out cash offers like the one the EMU booster made a violation. However, I too am not sure how much enforcement the NCAA is interested in doing.

3 Likes

EMU QB Ben Bryant is headed back to UC.

1 Like

Evan Prater to hit the portal in 3ā€¦2ā€¦1

1 Like