Miami women at Akron at 2:00 on Saturday on ESPN+

Miami women’s BB ends their season on a 7 game losing streak, owning a 1-9 record over the past 10 games…and 2-14 over the past 16 games…There has been no “net progress” in this program.

Akron also played without their top scorer…so, there’s that.

We scored 72 points with only 2 of those from Scott. Battle and Wolf both stepped it up and our centers and Cluse contributed a bunch.

Well, she got hurt with 2 or 3 minutes to go, so she did miss crunch time but they were down when she went out.

1 Like

Look at the positive, we doubled our win total from last year.

Seems like that’s all we do as Miami fans. Look for the positives in a negative situation.

Press Conference Monday 10:00 am; not going to happen, but that’s what should be happening.

3 Likes
1 Like

23-61 11-47
Let that sink in.

And following back to back 20 win seasons right?

We certainly could have won a lot more games, we had all kind of games that were really close in the 4th quarter that we lost, and just a few that we won. There are different things which could be said about that: “We are just not quite there yet”. or “We just don’t know how to win yet”. If you want to be more critical “We have not been taught how to win”. “We do a lot of good things, but fouls and turnovers lose games and we are one of the worst in the nation at both.” Take your pick or submit one of your own.

I have said it many times before-close games are mostly won or lost by coaching. Losing more close games than you win may indicate it’s time to reevaluate what you are doing. If you are blaming the close loses on things other than yourself you may need to find a different profession.

1 Like

Getting back to today’s loss, just looking at the last possession. We had a couple of chances to sub with dead balls, but left the same girls in the game. So we had Wolf ( 22 points), Cluse ( 11 points), Davidson ( 7 points), Garrelts ( 0 points), and Duckett (2 points). On the bench we had Battle ( 15 points) and Foster-Walker ( 8 points). Why did we leave Garrelts and Duckett in, that just allowed them to double Wolf and help out off of Duckett and Garrelts. They certainly would have been tight on Battle who had 3 treys. It is just another thing which makes no sense.

1 Like

21-11 and 23-9

I don’t think it is warped to be concerned about concussions. Americans
just did not know anything about that 50 or 60 years ago. Now we know the devastating effect of concussions. We have changed the rules of football.

I also remember that we were not allowed to take water breaks and salt tablets were recommended and passed out. Seems stupid now. I also see all kinds of former football players my age who are hobbling around today from knee and other leg injuries. I guess I was lucky that my high school did not have football because I would have loved to play. I just played baseball and basketball.

Back to the idea of hitting the player in the head with a pass if he wasn’t looking. The teaching point was good and it got the message across to every player in our gym. We were all just thinking that would really hurt. Our coach did not know it was actually dangerous to our health.

Times are different today, yes, but I don’t think it is a warped society that follows the science and better medical knowledge than we used to have. Athletes were not tougher in our day, today’s athletes are still tough, they just have the advantage of a lot of knowledge in medicine and science that we did not use to have.

1 Like