Miami men at CMU Tuesday at 7:00 on ESPN+

Foul trouble for Miami…and very sloppy.

Williams is coming up big tonight

6 Minutes to go, we are up 17. It got down to 10 when Williams was out for 5 or 6 minutes. Lairy ( 4 fouls) and Brown out has helped as ICL and Etzler are better tonight.

I agree that ICL and Etzler better and even Eli

1 Like

Miami’s a team you don’t want to have to face in the playoffs!

1 Like

68-47 Miami with less than 4 minutes to go. Yep, as soon as ICL and Williams and Etzler came in and Brown and Lairy and White went out, we started running a nice looking offense. This is the first real contributions for Javon Etzler all season ( was out 8 months with an injury).

I want Etzler to do well, as I think he has some things this program needs. But that brace on his knee makes him so much slower than he probably already is. I’m assuming he’s wearing it tonight?

1 Like

As soon as Jack took Etzler out and put in Lairy, our offense has sucked and we can’t beat the pressure. Went from 20 to 14.

Jack Webb with the foul.image

2 Likes

70-56 Miami with 1:25 to go.

75-61 Final. To be sure of getting in, we still need to win on Friday. Otherwise, it all depends on who beats who.

1 Like

Hooray we won!

Kamari Williams with 21 points on 8 of 12 shooting. Dae Dae went 7 or 8 from the line in the last 2 minutes and ended up with 19, only two guys in double digits. Dalonte Brown and Mekhi Lairy just have to play so much better than they have been if we are going to do something yet this season.

yea us

Yet tonight the announcers said that winning percentage would be the determining factor. Now I have no idea what the actual rule is.

We are in 7th right now and we cannot catch Ball State. If we lose to EMU, and Central wins at Akron, they can pass us. If BG wins at home vs Toledo ( BG did beat Ohio at home tonight, and Toledo clinched first so they don’t have to win) and we lose to EMU we would be tied and BG’s win over Toledo would give them the tiebreaker. Best if we just take care of business and win and finish 7th.

I hope Akron has something to play for. I hope we show up to play. In short, hope is not an investment strategy but it is mine for MU basketball.

Didn’t watch the game. Came here to read this thread and noticed the “Fire Jack” thread had no new posts, which seemed like a good sign. Nice to get a road W. Makes last week’s loss all the more perplexing, but that’s to be expected anymore.

3 Likes

Tonight seemed like the opposite of last Thursday. We were ready to play and they weren’t. Central was lethargic in the 1st half, letting us run behind them for easy baskets. Our defensive effort was better in getting out on shooters, but they missed their share of open looks as well. Williams was the player of the game, hitting the shot of the game, stopping their run that cut it to 10 with a 3. After that, Central didn’t threaten again. Except for Brown, the frontcourt was a positive with everyone contributing. We played with more energy, not settling as much (though the 2nd half was uglier between bad shot selection and some head scratching press breaking). And we fought through more screens defensively, almost surprising them with our defensive effort.

2 Likes

Basically we got an unexpected or anomalous (maybe a sign of better production from him) contribution from Kamari…which was the difference.

Brown is still hurt or maybe just done with this mess, don’t know. That said from a couple twitter clips, it seems like there was more passing to find some shots.