Miami @ Ferris series

If only we got boser too

Almost would’ve been like cloning him😂

absolutely - those two are standing out

Anthony Noreen has 0 losses! Let’s get his first win in front of the home crowd eh?

3 Likes

Colby Ambrosio was the most visibly upset player at the end of the game. Not surprising as he isn’t used to not winning- the last time he went winless two games in a row was last November and you’d have to go back to February 2023 to get the time before that

3 Likes

Vs Alaska next week end “ It’ll be beautiful in Oxford,Let’s Win 2”!

Stick tap to the legendary Chicago hockey fan,Ernie Banks…

1 Like

As opposed to “let’s tie two” like this week.

1 Like

You right!

New coach same problem cant win

1 Like

Let’s give him more than a weekend lol

3 Likes

Your sample size seems to be fairly small or limited to draw such a conclusion.

2 Likes

HE’S COACHING A TEAM MADE UP OF BERGE’S GUYS!

JFC, really?

Ugh. Back to lurking.

2 Likes

I mean by your logic we could also say new coach can’t lose :joy::joy:

1 Like

Because I’m sure he watched the games. :roll_eyes:

At least no one is here saying two ties doesn’t equal a win like last year.

0-0-2 = .500.

At least no one is here saying two ties doesn’t equal a win like last year.

0-0-2 = .500

Not that Pairwise matters in October, but is 0-0-2 equal to 1-1 or worse when it’s on the road?

Home/Road weighting: For purposes of calculating a final RPI, games are weighted based upon whether they are home or road games. Road wins and home losses are weighted by a factor of 1.2, while home wins and road losses are weighted by 0.8.

I would interpret that as 1-1 on the road becoming 1.2-0.8, but 0-0-2 being essentially 1-1. Not sure how the actual math works out though.

That’s a good question. I would assume half a road win would be 0.6, so two ties would be 1.2, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

The current pairwise rankings has us tied 17 with Minnesota state who went 1-1 on the road so I assume it’s equal

1 Like

A few nominees for weekly recognition

We got credit for the two road ties. If you look at RPI, ours is .1500 and Ferris’ is .1000 even though the win % for both teams is .500. Minnesota State and Michigan follow the same pattern (.1500 vs. .1000 on .500). This is something unique to the first week since the third part of the calculation, opponents opponents win percentage (OOWP), is currently zero for all 64 D1 teams. Going forward, as Michigan wins and Ferris loses, the OOWP impact on Minnesota States’s RPI will be higher than Ferris’ impact on ours. Welcome to the world of playing bottom feeders.

“I was told there wasn’t going to be any math!” Yeah, sorry.

Back to lurking.

3 Likes

NEW COACH CANT LOSE!!!

2 Likes