Miami at Northwestern Week 2024

Too bad for him.

1 Like

NU hasnā€™t announced their starting QB as of yet, whether itā€™s Jack Lausch (RS SO) or Mike Wright (Graduate xfer).

[threadjack] Jack Lausch is really talented, and Iā€™m curious to see if he stays at NU or transfers to Miami ā€“ Heā€™s from Chicago Brother Rice, in a conference/area that has a lot of Miami students. Jackson Kotecki is from rival school Chicago St. Ignatius. From what I have been reading, the State of Illinois doesnā€™t have a great public non-flagship State University option (like Miami), and many IL students are attracted to Miami. Might be appealing to Lausch ā€“ we will see![/threadjack]

3 Likes

They also lost their starting left offensive tackle for the year. And according to a couple college fball reports, NWern OL is their weakest position. Hope our DT/DE live in the backfield. And pleaseā€“blitz often.

Interesting stats from last year in Game Notes.

Despite losing Gabbert midway through the season and questions about our ā€œlacklusterā€ offense I thought it was interesting that we averaged 25.6 its/game in 2023 vs. Northwesternā€™s 22.1 We also outgained them 323.5 yards per game vs. 303.9.

On defense we gave up 15.9 its/game. They gave up 22.5.

Braun said in his press conference yesterday that he will not make his choice of a starting QB public until game time Saturday. He pointed to a different skill set between his two top QB in the competition. He said disclosing his choice would offer Miamiā€™s coaching staff a distinct advantage in game planning that he does not plan to give them. He has been Frank about that in interviews the past week.

1 Like

Good points LaxDaddy, but to be fair, NW did that against B10 competition while Miami put up our stats in the MAC.

3 Likes

Thatā€™ll just make for two very nervous NW QB candidates this coming Saturday morningā€¦overall good for Miami in reality.

I have a feeling both of them already know whoā€™s starting but theyā€™ve been sworn to secrecy.

4 Likes

That sounds like a 2-QB system.

Regardless, Iā€™ll take our QB.

3 Likes

I wonder if NU is going to publish a game notes and any kind of depth chart for our game. Nothing Iā€™ve seen yet.

Based on what happened a year ago under Fitzgerald I dunno if swearing players to secrecy is a great idea for them lol.

2 Likes

They have gamenotes, but no depth chart. NW gamenotes below:

https://nuwildcat.sharepoint.com/sites/ATH-bcops/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?ga=1&id=%2Fsites%2FATH-bcops%2FShared%20Documents%2FCommunications%2F2024-25%2F2024-25%20Football%20Virtual%20Pressbox%2FWeek%201_Miami%20Ohio%2FGame%20Notes%2FGame%20Notes_Week1_Miami.pdf&viewid=00da6f39-4d5d-4b16-bdd2-4a9fa455b524&parent=%2Fsites%2FATH-bcops%2FShared%20Documents%2FCommunications%2F2024-25%2F2024-25%20Football%20Virtual%20Pressbox%2FWeek%201_Miami%20Ohio%2FGame%20Notes

1 Like

White
White
Red

Uniform combo vs. Northwestern

2 Likes