Miami at Indiana State 1:00 on ESPN3

I hate being a Miami fan.

Imagine if they hadn’t added that extra bowl. This legitimately could have been one of the worst 10 day stretches in Miami athletic history.

2 Likes

This team isn’t as good as I had hoped. Bad bad effort today in a spot where good teams step up.

3 Likes

We are better than we were but ultimately, it doesn’t matter. We are not good. Not to the level we should be. And I’m not even talking top 50. I’ll gladly take top 75. We will look a little better this year than last couple but then back to square one. Unless we get some great transfers, it’s bleak.

3 Likes

Leading by 8 points in the second half and lose

This group always finds a way to lose- I wish it wasnt true but it is- they lose so many games I think they can win. We gave up a layup with 2 seconds to go- terrible defense all day

We are heading to 18-13 with the most veteran team we will ever have and next year we will be 12-18 and mediocrity or worse will continue forever

2 Likes

Moments I watched we looked poor on D, can’t believe we got burned on the layup…season going in shitter quickly.

Good teams don’t lose three in a row…Ball State beat these guys by 20+.

Really disappointing…it’s nice that Ayah has found some O, but needs to realize you can’t bowl people over.

Can’t imagine a Clemsom upset now.

Still losing on bone head plays.

1 Like

After losing to WIU I began to feel pessimistic about the season and the losing continues. So hard to get your hopes up w Miami football, hockey, and b-ball as crushing disappointment seems to be around every corner

2 Likes

Miami doing what Miami only knows how to do….sometimes I really hate being a fan. I should start gambling on Miami to at least win something at the end of each game.

1 Like

Shameful performance today all around. Big step backwards. Brutal week to say the least.

6 Likes

Before the final play, I thought there should have been more than 1.6 on the clock. Could have made the difference. Regardless, we shouldn’t have put ourselves in this position.

1 Like

Went six and a half minutes in the 2nd half without a point with ISU scoring ten straight during that time. Went from up 8 to down by 2 in that span.

1 Like

How you don’t make an adjustment execute a play is amazing…

Jack revert to old ways just hoping a trey would go down?

Bring on Spadling…bc that’s the next chance at win it would seem.

Following Miami is just getting so hard…to do.

1 Like

There was a lot self congratulations it seemed to me after almost beating Cincy. Almost winning is not winning.

4 Likes

And White mess up and leave his man free. Dumb play

1 Like

I didn’t see any self-congratulating

2 Likes

The defense in the last several seconds was high school like. Watch my team mate guard the ball type of stuff. Ugly

1 Like

It was hard to see the replay. You have to give Neese some credit for having the presence of mind at that stage in the game to go back door.

The bigger point is that this game shouldn’t have come down to the wire. IMO, we guarded them the wrong way for most of the game. Especially early, we trailed the ballhandler around pick and rolls too often, especially for their non-shooters. They beat us on back doors earlier in the 2nd half that shouldn’t have happened. We’re not good defensively. I didn’t think we played good defense against UC, they’re just that bad offensively.

Offensively, we were ok, but I thought we should’ve cleared out for Brown more often. He was unguardable and got any shot that he wanted. If we had a consistent post presence, we would’ve eaten them alive. Even McNamara was good in the post today. One of our strengths should be taking care of and sharing the ball. We had 10 assists and 13 turnovers, disappointing on both fronts.

5 Likes

The dude just made a simple basketball play against a lazy defense.

1 Like

This is also what happens when you schedule two games against The Little Sisters of the Poor and then expect to bounce back to division one play. Coles had it right when he ran the death March. At least his teams were typically ready to play.

Discuss…

1 Like