Miami at Ferris weekend

Bye Coach Bergeron. You’re an asshole (won’t talk to Bonk) and a horrible coach.

1 Like

I didn’t pay for the FloHockey feed, did anyone actually see the game? Thoughts/comments/assessments?

Back to lurking.

Lurker, I did. And, there were at least 3 sets we ran where no one wore pants. Not great.

I want my $30 back

WTF. I checked the score on my way to meet a friend for a drink and we were up 3-1. Got back to my car feeling confident we pulled off a W only to see we lost in OT. Guh. That’s a great start to the season…

Well some former RedHawks had good nights- Joey cassetti scored a goal and had 2 assists, red savage had a goal and an assist, ludvig persson had a shutout (although he only made 3 saves) Alex Murray played well in Niagara’s big win and even Rico blasis team upset ranked omaha

1 Like

Some good things-

Mesenburg and Carogioiello both look wayyyyyy better than they did last year. They’re speedy, taking shots on net, and had huge minutes on the top PK line which they were very good on. Turansky was looking great too:really battling out there

Ray Vitolins was good in the faceoff circle and just fits in really well as the 1C in general. It felt like he’s been with our team for years as a veteran member even though it was his first Miami game

I liked how into the game the bench was; they were standing for most of the game locked in on what was going on and energizing their teammates

Logan did alright. He had 40 saves and the goals he let in weren’t super easy ones. He was pestered a bunch too and made some great glove saves.

Some bad-

Obviously we can’t hold a lead LOL
They looked incredible when they came out guns a blazing in the first period with so much energy and physicality and focus/determination. It was a little less in the 2nd but still ok. But by the 3rd it was gone. They collected themselves for a bit in the middle of the 3rd but could not sustain the energy and looked gassed at the end

The ice surface was maybe a little sketchy because there was a LOT of slipping and falling (or maybe they just don’t have their legs under them yet)

It felt like at times our players had a hard time locating the puck? Like I’m no hockey guru but it took them a hot second to find it when it was right by them multiple times, allowing fsu players to get to it first

The penalties were pretty egregious…not in a super undisciplined way but Daskas’ two penalties were very obviously penalties, Clements saved a goal but it was a lot too.

We are allergic to winning in OT!

1 Like

I am done with Miami hockey. Too painful until IF they get average again. Won’t happen under current staff

Football is good again. Basketball should be much improved. Softball is a force. Try to focus on the good. Hopefully one day hockey will return to a national power, but that seems so far away.

I was always skeptical that Miami had emerged as some kind of Minnesota or BC type perennial power. I enjoyed the ride while it lasted but didn’t sound the doom and gloom when we fell off. That being said, while my expectations are not unreasonable, I still have them, and that the program is now a perennial bottom feeder is completely unacceptable.

I laid out my expectations for reasonable improvement earlier. 1. No lower than 6th in conference and competitive for 5th or even 4th late in the season. 2. A couple of solid upsets over the top conference teams. 3. Blowout losses at a bare minimum.

Lacking that, something needs to change whether it’s the coach, the conference or both.

The hockey team has allowed more points in their last 20 minutes of play than the football team has in their last two entire games :skull_and_crossbones:

Miami takes the lead midway through the first on a Dukovac goal. Fired home his own rebound in the slot.

End of the first, still 1-0 Miami.

Certainly this 1-0 lead is safe, right???

No. We’re tied now. 6:30 left in the second.

Who is in goal? Neaton or the new guy?

Neaton. Looks like the backup is Mcphail, not Bruveris (new guy)

Clement scores to give Miami a 2-1 lead two minutes into the third.

1 Like

And Carogieillo makes it 3-1 a minute later.

3 Likes

3-2. PPG with 9:58 left.