#MACtion vs #FunBelt BBall Challenge

There will be a MAC-Sun Belt Challenge starting next season, source told @Stadium.

12 MAC teams matched up with 12 SBC teams. They will each play two games each season - one home and one on the road.

The first game will occur between Nov. 8-11, second on Feb. 10.

7 Likes

I really like this. It gives each team a set home and home game against schools with a decent brand/reputation. The MAC has to start thinking about NET long term if they want to be a multi-bid conference again and I think this will help.

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. I, and people like me, are part of the problem with the basketball program. I live in Cincinnati and used to consistently attend 4-6 games per year. Last year, for the first time ever, i attended zero. For no concrete reason I am excited about MU basketball. I am already looking at the schedule and seeing which games it is practical to attend. Go MIAMI!

7 Likes

I think it’s a real staff and everything that comes with it.

5 Likes

I think this is great. I miss the old BracketBuster games.

6 Likes

Something like this with the Missouri Valley and Horizon conferences would also be great since the geographical footprints for these conferences overlap with the MAC, which would make travel to the away games easier for fans. Plus, there’s bragging rights for conferences whose schools are going after the same high school recruits that schools from the other conference are going after.

4 Likes

1 Like

There is almost an old fashioned ACC vs Big 10 feel to a Sun Belt vs MAC challenge relationship. The geographic relativities are similar.

Bash-the MAC absolutely should be scheduling something similar with the MVC. Strong basketball conference and very similar geographic footprint.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Sun Belt works though the SoCon would’ve been better.

I like the deal with the Belt better. They’re an FBS league in football like us. We can cultivate some natural rivalries with Sun Belt schools.

4 Likes

Hoping this leads to a few extra ESPN/2/U games for us

1 Like