MAC Mens Hoops 2022 (Other Teams)

Watching EMU at #22 Michigan on ESPNU. Eagles look a lot better than what they were picked to be…leading 43-40 with :45 left in the first half.

Love this kid from Emu #21. Smooth, cockey, backs it up.

1 Like

88-83 Wolverines final - was tied at 77.

Eastern is the wild card in the league with Emoni Bates. If he’s a consistent factor for them, and if Farrakhan stays healthy, they can contend for the league. If they’re both up and down either with Farrakhan getting hurt or Bates in and out of the lineup (missed the 1st game, coach’s decision), they will be middle of the pack at best. Tonight, they definitely took Michigan out of their game and got them in more of a streetball type game. Too much fouling, poor shot selection and no answer for Hunter Dickinson in the last 8 minutes got Michigan over the finish line. But you never know with these November games. North Carolina struggled with Charleston tonight until the last few minutes. Creighton survived a scare from St. Thomas (MN). Everyone’s still trying to figure out what they have.

2 Likes

Ironically…not X at moment, but will see how they do against IU.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard of him.

1 Like

I think my expectations for EMU are a little higher. Bates might be the best MAC player in 20 years (or ever) if he lives up to the hype

2 Likes

Whenever I watch these games I ask myself, what would ballcoach1 and ballcoach2 do? :grinning:

2 Likes

If he brings it every night, yes. Last night he played like the freshman I watched win a Class A Michigan high school state championship. But can he impact games if his shot isn’t falling? How will he handle adversity? Last year, he didn’t handle it well. But if he’s gained some maturity and is able to bounce back from challenging situations well, he’ll be successful and his team will be as well.

Bates looked great! But…He got a well-deserved T (taunting), and perhaps should have had another.

Something to watch.

2 Likes

Kind of good league hype. Right?

Watching Bates play reminded me of watching guys like Harper or Bonzi Wells or Antonio Daniels or Gary Trent or Earl Boykins back in the 80’s and 90’s. I hope he stays at Eastern until he graduates, he can be great for MAC basketball, just like all those guys I listed above, and I know I left out some others , like Wally, for instance.

3 Likes

I hope he stays too, but there is a 0% chance he will stay at EMU until he graduates.

1 Like

Graduate

Toledo upset by Kansas City. Akron with good win vs Western Kentucky.

2 Likes

Ohio with a great effort at Michigan.

2 Likes

Final from Houston…

#2 Houston - 49
Kent State - 44

It was a 1 pt game with less than a minute left

3 Likes