Little Rock

Hanging with IU @ moment…

Arkansas Little Rock used to be in the Sunbelt as a basketball only, but now they are in the Ohio Valley Conference. As Skins mentioned, they stayed with IU longer than we did as they were only down 7 with 9 minutes to go before losing by 19. That was the most impressive game they have had. They are 2-4 ( 2-0 at home, 0-4 on the road).Wins over Arkansas Baptist and Jackson State, losses to Southern Illinois, Central Akransas, East Tennessee State and Indiana.

We play them at 1:00 in Millett on Saturday. If you are interested in spending the day in Oxford, hockey team hosts #14 Michigan State at 5:00 ( Students are gone, plenty of great seats available for both Friday and Saturday night this weekend). Game can be watched on ESPN3.

We are 1-4. Here are our statistical leaders so far: Scoring Lairy 15.6, Mirambeaux 14.0, Lewis 12.0 Rebounding Lewis 6, Smith 5.2 Assists Lairy 3.6, Lewis 3.3 Steals Yofan 9, Smith8, Lewis 8 Blocks Morris 6, Lewis 5…Notice that Julian Lewis shows up in every category.

For Little Rock, against Indiana DJ Smith had 20 points and was 4 for 10 on threes, Myron Gordon had 14/9/ 6, Deantoni Gardner had 11 points, and Christian Walker had 9/8.

5 Likes

Just a note about the IU game, Trace Jackson-Davis didn’t play at all for IU.

5 Likes

Yep, I pointed that out as well. And not having him on the inside both on offense and defense makes a big difference. Not to downplay ALR effort at all, but it was not the same team Miami faced.

2 Likes

Can’t make it to the basketball game today but will be at the hockey game.

2 Likes

Mo Safford was practicing yesterday. Hopefully he’s close to returning! Etzler was also dressed and practicing. Steele has said before when they get bodies back, you’ll see a lot more pressing and running. Hopefully we can get to that by conference play.

5 Likes

Less than an hour til tip. Any predictions yet? If Safford plays, I expect us to win by double digits. If not, I expect the score to be closer to the spread with Miami winning.

Safford dressed. Etzler, Kamari, Lewis and Harrison are not.

1 Like

Lewis not being dressed really sucks. Anyone have an idea what happened to him and how long he’s out

1 Like

Dang, too bad about Lewis.

I’m predicting we win 68-65.

Lewis sick

103 fever Thursday

2 Likes

Just worn out from playing 40 minutes a game after the concussion. He should be good for next game. Etzler should be available for Bellarmine. Per one of the coaches I was talking to just a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

Kamari out this semester.Harrison has essentially shin splints.

1 Like

Harrison is recovering from surgery…

3 Likes

Why is this called Hoosier Tip Off classic?

That is correct, related to his shins. Coach didn’t know the exact medical term.

1 Like

UALR likes to play fast. We can’t fall into that.

Because it’s an MTE set up by Indiana… Miami essentially gets two free home games for hosting with IU.

Smith jumper looks really fluid from the stands!

1 Like

An unprecedented fast start!

2 Likes