Just when I thought we were out of the woods

I just saw Calumet College and Goshen added. I’ve never heard of either. I’m not complaining , the more home games the better. I like the womens and mens basketball doubleheaders. Or, the basketball games followed by a quick trip to the Saturday evening hockey game.

3 Likes

Me either. It’s like where’s Clermont County Community College (C4 for those of you keeping score at home) if we’re gonna schedule community colleges.

1 Like

It’s fun to research the schools before we play them. Last year we played Stetson and Heidelberg. Loved checking about their history.

I honestly thought Heidelberg was a brewery and we had a pick up game with the employees. That’s how little I knew and how little I thought of the scheduling.

1 Like

Just asking, but how do you schedule a Calumet College? Do they call Miami? Does Miami look on a list for teams that don’t have a game that night. How do they even know about them?

I suspect the AD or coaches call around. Only so many schools in a few hour bus trip radius to check. I do think some sports have forums for scheduling games too.

2 Likes

There is a website for colleges & universities to post that they are looking for a home game or a road game, on a certain date. It can be a buy game or a 1 and 1 series.

1 Like

That’s right. It’s called OnlyFarmers.com and it’s a great place to meet lonely oh wait…That’s another site and you have to have a degree from Miami’s biz school to go there.

4 Likes

Stetson is D1 in everything - FCS for football…

I liked the Stetson Hatters. I read that their football stadium was used in The Waterboy.

3 Likes

Yep. Pretty campus with lots of live oaks and Spanish moss.

Also some difficulties with a new staff trying to get games with some contracts already in place. I’ve heard this schedule won’t be what the goal is, but was a bit like chicken salad.

3 Likes

We get the Maple Leafs, Crimson Tide……wait…. The Crimson Wave and the Pomeroys . Not to mention the Purple Aces. All is good. Last year we had the Hatters and Student Princes.

Ah, the Student Princes, one of the strangest of all time. Makes me want a beer.

Next year let’s schedule the Ephs, the Geoducks and the Banana Slugs!

1 Like

Before he became The Artist Formerly known as Prince, or then later, The Artist, he was Prince. And before that when he was in school, Student Prince. And now, he’s got a team named after him. That’s a real legacy right there. Maybe because he was good at hoops. Charlie Murphy talking about playing basketball with Prince is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen. I’ll try to find a clip.

1 Like

There is a bierstubbe in Old Heidelberg (Deutschland) named for the operetta. Here’s the story behind the Ohio mascot:

1 Like

I’ve heard of Goshen. My wife went to a school in their conference. They’re NAIA, division 2, I believe.