It's early....BUT

Steele has clearly hit the ground running. To wit:

1. Hired 2 excellent assistants.
  2. Recruiting his buns off…and going after higher-rated and higher-profile kids from winning programs.
  3. Encouraging/ allowing kids already in the program (who just aren’t up to the new standard) to portal out to a better fit for them…great move.

Miami will soon be lots better. Until I see the 2022-23 schedule, I’ll start with 14-17 wins for openers. Still time to get even better but, when you assemble a “new roster,” there will; be some learning curve issues with which to deal and manage through.

Last point, with this staff’s background, I just have to believe Miami’s kids will be better coached, better prepared and more “disciplined” than what the last two coaches put on the floor. (as in, less chucking from downtown and scrambling back on D…crashing the boards is what X did and I expect to see Miami do more of that this fall). We’ll all know in about six months…so stay tuned.

Now if Miami could just fix Millett…

4 Likes

renmanaz…I love your outlook. I think its still a bit early.

1. still needs to round out the coaches office. I do like the first two hires however;
  2. recruiting is TBD. Lots of holes to fill and here is his scorecard so far with immediate needs:

MISSED:
2022 6-7 Rich Rolf - Committed to Charlotte
2022 6-7 Nick Martinelli - Committed to Northwestern
2022 6-2 Devin Carney - Committed to Duquesne

LANDED:
TRANSFER 6-6 Julian Lewis - COMMITTED TO MIAMI
TRANSFER 6-8 Anderson Mirambeaux COMMITTED TO MIAMI
2022 6-4 Ryan Mabry - COMMITTED TO MIAMI

JURY STILL OUT:
2022 6-5 LA Pratt - Undecided
2022 6-8 Jaquel Morris - Undecided
2022 6-7 Bobby Durkin - Undecided

2 Likes

Got Morris…now landing Durkin would be huge!

1 Like