Hendrix relationship with player

I realize that, but what Miami is doing is using that as a rationale for not disclosing what Hendrix has done. They were going to allow her to leave with her reputation intact and to get another job where she could abuse somebody else. That pisses me off just as much as what Hendrix did.

4 Likes

It says that the messages were ā€œprovidedā€¦by a university sourceā€. That to me suggests that someone gave them the messages directly, rather than telling them about the situation and then them getting the messages through a public records request. I canā€™t imagine that any players would have the messages, so it would pretty much have to be an employee.

My best guess is the leaker is an employee of the University who had been part of the deliberative process but disagreed with the outcome of those deliberations.

Today, I am embarrassed to be a Redhawk fan.

Today?

The story continues its walkabout.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/04/28/miami-ohio-wbb-coach-resigns-following-investigation-relationship-player

Iā€™m embarrassed that we had a couple of people make bad decisions about this situation. Iā€™m embarrassed, and have been, that we hired her in the first place and embarrassed that we kept her on when it became obviously she could not teach or get players to learn basic skills. I am not embarrassed to be a fan of such a great university.

5 Likes

Iā€™m no legal expert here other than having once playing a lawyer in a poorly produced regional production of 12 Angry Men, but it almost sounds like her statement to the media was an Alford Plea. Or I guess the out of court equivalent of admitting you would lose while not saying you are guilty. Also, once a few years ago the wife and I were at The Olive Garden during Endless Pasta Days. She was mad at me for eating like a complete jackass but I entered what Iā€™ve since coined ā€œan Alfredo Pleaā€ whereby I convinced her it was perfectly healthy of me to eat 5 bowls of pasta. Mistakes were made, but I got caught up in the flavor.

Ah, you said it better, skin66. Thank you!

2 Likes

Assuming the text messages were only on two phones, Hendrix and the player, how did anyone get the messages if not from one of those two?

Sorry, but did I miss the part that she abused this player or any other players? Did she take advantage of or coerce this player into a relationship? Itā€™s certainly not clear with anything yet, and may never be. Iā€™m not defending the coach or how the AD has handled this, just abuse seems to be a strong choice of words.

@missmiami Read @DICK post again. He didnā€™t say that she abused the player but that she abused her power. Considering the power dynamic between coach and player I think thatā€™s a fair description.

3 Likes

It is an abuse of her authority. She is a person in a position of power and authority over the student athlete and that is why, correctly, Miami has a policy against this type of relationship.

4 Likes

If a University phone I would imagine the University would have access to it. If someone told the athletic department about a possible incident I imagine they can examine her phone, if there is cause.

1 Like

As always Dick, you are spot on.

2 Likes

Wondering how long before we find out who tge new coach

2 Likes

more ā€œcoverageā€

Has anyone seen any ā€œlocal coverage?ā€

Her last tweetā€¦