General Miami sports question

Craig and I shared a mailbox Freshman year at Dennison Hall.

1 Like

I lived there my freshman year as well. Was a nice spot with the dining hall right there.

Blackbird - I was also in Dennison that year (75-76). Played a lot of ping pong in the basement.

Same year I was there, Eddie! How about you, Yellow?

1 Like

I’m 93-97, so a little later, but I am jealous of you all who got to see our sports 70-80’s as it must have been epic. Only saving grace for me was soccer was too 25, hockey was starting to rise, and men’s basketball was always solid.

Yes, some great times. The one that stands out is our basketball game versus North Carolina at Millett. It was SRO, and no one in the stands sat down during the entire game. North Carolina had Phil Ford and Mitch Kupchak. They edged us by one, IIRC. Best basketball game I have ever seen, and the atmosphere was electric. Silly me-I assumed it would always be that way.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth about good times. We never seem to be able to enjoy the moment and appreciate it might not come around for a while. Or in some cases ever again.

That NC game was great. NC had a big talented team. If not for a Phil Ford steal late in the game…who knows.

1 Like

Randy Ayers…Archie Alxridge…Bernard Newman…John Shoemaker

1 Like

And I believe Mike Kearney (sp?) played surprisingly well that game. 6-9 center.