Double Digit win seasons

FWIW - according to Pro Football Focus, here’s how the rush attempts have broken out this season (excluding QB sneaks, kneels, and non-rush attempts)

A gap - 31%
B gap - 17%
C gap - 14%
Outside the tackles - 32%
Jet sweeps - 5%
Reverses in the red zone - 0.0036 (it occurred once, anybody remember that?)

They average 6.19 yards per carry on runs in the A gap.

1 Like

Follow a model that has enabled other schools to change coaches and move forward successfully. There were at least 25 FBS coaching changes at the end of last season. Many of those schools hired new coaches and moved on successfully. If you can’t do this you’re trapped in the status quo eternally.

2 Likes

So we’re really 6-4?

In the current world of the transfer portal what makes anyone think guys will still be here next year? And just because a player verbally commits does not mean he will end up signing. It happens every year to every school. With the rules how they are I honestly don’t think you can say how a good a team will be next year until after spring ball-even then the are no guarantees. It has been discussed numerous times on this board, the G5 has just become the minor leagues for the P5 schools.

1 Like

Wait–You said we could still get a bowl (6-6) and win it (maybe). But Kentuckygent also said, “6-6 should be seen as a gross failure at Miami”. And you agreed "100%’ with his post. So what is it? 6-6 is an accomplishment or 6-6 is a “gross failure”.

They sign in December. So why fire a coach in November?

1 Like

Both. With where we are it’s an accomplishment. (. I know you want to give up. ) With where I want to be it’s a failure.

And they also sign in February. So you want recruits to sign for a coach, then fire the coach?

You know what? You don’t know me, as far as I know. Yet, you’re comfortable stating as a fact, “…I want to give up”. How the eff do you know that? You have no idea of my attitude toward winning and losing. I have said for decades that we will concede victory to no one! Every game day, I’m a little juiced. I ALWAYS wear red and white on game days. Watch every game and if we lose, it ruins my weekend.
So, spew what you want. But don’t state that I want something that I definitely do not. You have no standing to make that statement.

1 Like

Well then you should be glad there are people like me on this board if that’s true.

Preach it!

1 Like

Some wondered why - as a supporter of 50 years - you suddenly first appeared on this board in October as a staunch defender of the current coaching regime and have chosen not to share any information about your background - other than promoting yourself as a “ball coach” with the board. If this were a gang, we’d probably be suspicious that you’re a narc.,

2 Likes

As a group, the members on this board are supportive of Miami football/athletics. But none of us is in a coma. Some played the game. Many have a long history of supporting Miami football. In good years and bad. They have earned the right to say what they want in this regard.

1 Like

It’s probably about time to stop feeding the troll.

If you want to talk about football I’m in. I’m tired of this conspiracy theory BS. I don’t live next to CM, I wasn’t on the grassy knoll.

We’ve tried that. “It’s not my job, pal” and “get on the Energy bus” don’t cut it. I am officially reiterating my early declaration. You are a troll. I have no patience for trolls.

1 Like

Where were you a Ball Coach?

1 Like

Skins, Chuck has coached 9 years and has 3 winning seasons. The last 3 years. It is even still possible that he can have a winning season this year. If you were not going to count the 2-1 covid record ( with a top 25 win) then it would be 2 out of 8, not 2 out of 9. Can’t have it both ways.

2 Likes

2020 can’t be counted, 3 games, Dick.

I was careful to state complete seasons…I’ll be shocked if we finish with winning season this year, so all but counted as such.

But fine 2 of 8, yeah us? Or 2 of 7, really…break out the Blanton’s.

:wink:

2 Likes

Honestly, at this point I’d rather see our university put its resources into improving the level of academic competitiveness than sports. I give annually to the athletic program, but I think I’m going to reallocate that money elsewhere, and perhaps increase my overall donation level. Sports are fun to follow, and while I’d enjoy seeing us become more successful in the “big 3,” our drop in the academic rankings over the past decade is far more concerning to me. I’d say that Coach Martin has had a far more successful tenor than President Crawford has had.