Central Michigan women at Miami at 1:00 Saturday ESPN3

Miami is 7-14 ( 3-9), while CMU is 4-18 ( 2-11). Central beat Miami 70-59 in Mt. Pleasant. This is the first game of a DH, and a ticket for either the men’s or women’s game is good for both games. Men have assigned seating, women do not.

For Miami, this will be our 4th game of a 6 games in 12 days stretch, and just as happened the first time we had a stretch like this, the farther we get into the stretch, the worse we seem to be playing. Not enough time to prepare, or rest, or get your homework done for classes, specially when you throw in all the travel and the youth of our roster. All this is new to them. Also, Edyn Battle left the Wednesday night game vs UT with a turned ankle and did not return. She has been our second best scorer over the last 12 games, and nobody picked up the slack on Wednesday night. So if she can play and play at 100% would be a key to the game.

For 4 consecutive seasons Central has either won the regular season or the tournament championship. They had a Sweet 16 during this stretch. This year they only have two starters returning, 5-7 guard Molly Davis 19ppg and first team all MAC last year and 6-1 jumping jack Jahari Smith who is averaging a double double and dominated our post players when we played them in January.

Miami has 3 girls who have been consistently getting in double digits lately. Team leader in all categories Peyton Scott averages 19, freshman Ivy Wolf averaged 11, and RS Fr Edyn Battle averages 10 ppg. All are 5-7 guards. The demanding schedule continues as our girls will be at Bowling Green Monday night.

Up 27-16 after one quarter.

54-36. Half. 62% from floor

72-51 after 3. Somewhat sloppy play by both teams in the third quarter.

1 Like

We ended up winning 90-77.

Yeah, I tried to put the final score in but I wasn’t allowed to reply to myself again.

1 Like