Bowling Green Women at Miami Saturday at 2:00 ESPN3

This is Senior Day, and we are honoring two Seniors. Vanessa Garrelts has played in 78 games and is playing the best basketball of her career in the last month. Alexis Straw suffered career ending injuries a couple of years ago, but has remained a member of the team as a student assistant coach and this year as a graduate assistant manager. I think she organizes and coaches the practice squad to face the starters in practice.

Miami is 8-18 ( 4-13). BGSU is 13-13 ( 8-9) and is in a battle to try to get to the MAC tournament. BG plays a lot of girls and has a different leading scorer every game. They have 8 girls averaging between 8 and 12. BG blew out Miami at BG a couple of weeks ago. Miami will finish the season with a couple of road games at Ohio and Akron next week.

Looks like we are winning at the half. Ivy with a big game.

Led at half, lost by 5.

This now qualifies as a “thread”.

A thread is what our basketball programs are hanging onto. Another bad day in paradise.

We actually played a pretty good game, the best we have played in awhile. Plagued again by turnovers. After BG got into the bonus fairly early in the 4th quarter we kept committing unnecessary fouls and sending them to the line for easy points. It didn’t appear the staff did anything to correct the problem.

Only one Senior so we’re looking at the same roster next year. Unless several players step up and improve it could be another bleak season. Anyone know the amount to buy out Hendrix after next season?

Ivy Wolf scored 32 points, she had a 23 and a 22 point game earlier this year. She has been up and down all year, but today she was outstanding. I don’t know how many times a freshman has scored 30 points in a Miami uniform, I remember Peyton Scott with 25. I think Lauren Dickerson scored something like 35 in a first round MAC tournament game at WM her freshman year. BG keyed their defensive effort on Peyton Scott and she had very few shots until the 4th quarter, but somehow still ended up with 19 as she drew a bunch of fouls driving to the hoop in the last 6 minutes or so.

Edyn Battle is going to have to expand her skill set. She scores almost all her points driving to the basket and teams have her scouted and are ready for that now. She went scoreless today. She needs a mid range game and a better 3 - point shot. That is what Scott and Wolf have that she doesn’t, but with some work I think she is quite capable of developing those parts of her game. Also, today Amani Freeman returned to action for the first time since mid December, and having our starting center back helped. She is better defensively than our other post players and she contributed 9 point as well. Today was also the best that Maddy Cluse has played since she has returned to action wearing a mask and she also added 9 points. Still, we lost because we foul too much and gave them I think 10 free throws in the 3rd quarter where we lost the lead and BG held it for the rest of the game.