Bowling Green men at Miami Tuesday at 7 ESPN+

I’m really hoping we see Karami stick around. I think he has huge upside. With the length we’re adding next year, he gives us the opportunity to play with some much taller line-ups, and it gives us a lot of versatility.

I would like to see some consistency out of Kamari. He is not a freshman. I believe this is year 4 of college ball. Last night was what he should be doing every night.

3 Likes

I think this matches the concern I have. 9 pts 6 rebs should be average for Kamari. I can live with an underclassman who gives inconsistent performances. Julian Lewis has a nearly identical stat line (actually a bit better imo) while fighting through injuries with 2 fewer years of CBB experience. Yesterday was a solid game, just needs to do it every gameday.

I think this game changed somewhere around the 15 minute mark(?) of the second half when we started getting the ball to Andy and Jacquel down on the block and they really went to work. Between the two, we ended up getting 32 points and 14 rebounds out of the center position. I can’t remember when if ever we got those kinds of numbers from our big men.

This is the second time in the last 3 games that Jacquel has scored 8 points in a game, which is a huge jump in his production and gives great hope for what is to come.

4 Likes

The defense and rebounding was already there for him. If he can become a threat on offense, there’s a lot of potential there.

Early in the season they were having him play away from the basket as a point forward understudy for Mirambeaux. The last couple games they’ve let him get low in the paint and get after it, which seems like a better fit for his skillset and playing personality.

1 Like

Question: Kamari is listed as a Junior on the roster. He played two seasons at Boston College and this is his second year at Miami. Why isn’t Kamari listed as a Senior?

Covid

2 Likes

Drakkar . . . Bold choice. I was a Cool Water man myself.

1 Like

Given that Steele said post game that the seniors will be honored at our last home game, and named Etzler as one of them, I assume he is not coming back

1 Like

Highlights from Miami’s win over BG!!

3 Likes

Not basketball related, but for you Patrick Geshan fans-he will be working with Dayton Dragons radio this year.

5 Likes