Bengals fans: The chili is on the stove

Great game. Obvious missed face mask on Bengals TD. But suddenly, a more tightly-called game on Rams last drive.

Would have liked to see a Bengals win but happy for McVey and MU. Was a win for me either way.

3 Likes

He makes Old Man Potter and Ebenezer Scrooge look like big spenders. Glad I didn’t buy my AFC Championship merchandise yet. It’ll be $5 shirts & hats in a couple months

A tough loss for the Bengals. I thought they played well defensively. Stafford helped by being Stafford, keeping both teams in the game as he has his whole career. The pass interference on the linebacker was a tough one to swallow. I thought the unnecessary roughness call on the next play was a tough one also.

The Bengals offensive staff didn’t make the right adjustments in the 2nd half. They didn’t sustain a drive the entire 2nd half. The 3rd and 4th down calls were questionable. The drop by Boyd on the penultimate drive was a killer.

But in the end, what will the casual fan remember from this Super Bowl? It was close but it didn’t have the drama of the previous 2 weekends of the playoffs. The plays that stand out are missed calls (the PI that I mentioned and the facemask on the Higgins TD that wasn’t), OBJ’s injury, near injuries to both QBs. The last TD drive wasn’t a classic. A Rams win at home in their palatial stadium with their fair weather fan base isn’t very exciting IMO. I’ll unfortunately remember Harry Higgs and Joel Dahmen taking their shirts off at the golf today more frequently than details of the game!

Agree…Bengals couldn’t seem to find any way to adjust against the strong LA pass rush the entire second half. A very, very disappointing second half to say the least. I hated the 3rd and one rushing play on the last Bengal possession…despite what the announcers said, other than 2 or 3 good runs when Mixon found a crease and went downhill, the Bengals running game was weak and absolutely hate the way Mixon dances around when he doesn’t see a good hole and then gives himself up when hit. Not a fan of his running style at all…

Sledge is around here somewhere, and he can confirm that Mike Brown drove a Lumina well into the 2000s

1 Like

Yup, and probably still does or some same-priced Chevy sedan.

1 Like

Lions fan here. Phuck everyone

1 Like

I hope your team can one day raise the trophy. Same wish for mine as a Bengals fan.