Bellarmine

Up 34-32 at the half. Bellarmine has one shooter who’s been going off to keep it close for now.

An uninspiring effort in the 1st half. When you’re not good defensively, you give inferior teams a chance to hang around and that’s what we’ve done. Bellarmine isn’t particularly skilled, but they play hard. They move the ball quickly, looking for the open shot. They’re not the quickest bunch defensively, but they fight to stay in good position. We need to play much harder in the 2nd half.

2 Likes

They’ve played a lot of decent teams. I’m guessing they see this one as a game they can win. That kid Breen is way hot from three point range.

1 Like

What will today’s excuse be- you know there will be one. This team is so good it almost beat xxxxxxx

1 Like

42-41 Bellarmine, 14:53 left. They’re on a 7-0 run that forced us to call timeout. The coaches’ heads may not be in this game along with some of the players. Bellarmine scored and one of their players tried to fix his shoe after the basket. If he turned around on the throw in, he would’ve had the easiest steal because we threw it right behind his head. The guy is still trying to fix his shoe as we dribble up the floor. Officials hadn’t stopped play yet to allow him to fix his shoe, so we had 5-on-4, and we called timeout?!?!

1 Like

It sounds like Bellarmine has more fans in Millett than we do!

1 Like

Bellarmine up by 8.

Second half has been hot garbage. Coaching, defense, effort, decision-making.

2 Likes

Bellarmine is very sound fundamentally.

1 Like

Well, this team is not very good. We don’t play hard for 40 minutes.

2 Likes

Here is my opinion. ICL is just going through the motions- he needs to be on the bench for good. Lairy is killing us right now- I dont know what is going on but he has been awful lately and he isnt trying on defense

1 Like

I wish we would play like Bellarmine. They’ve run the same wing pick and roll a few times now because it’s worked and we’re not adjusting to it. They move the ball, play unselfishly, and play hard every possession. If they had half of the natural ability we have, they’d be up at least twice as much. They’re also playing to their strengths defensively, playing that 1-3-1 because they’re long and they know we like to hold the ball and not exploit the middle of zone defenses.

2 Likes

Why do we always go away from what works earlier in a game?

Amen @mz343

Also, where has our bench gone?

Maybe we peaked against Georgia Tech.

1 Like

Did anyone scout this team?

What an embarrassment.

1 Like

Maybe?

Started 5-0, and now we’re .500. It’s beyond disappointing at this point.

1 Like

Lets foul the 94% free throw shooter-great scout guys

2 Likes

Straight up, a fireable performance today. Deeply embarrassing.

2 Likes