Ball State women at Miami Saturday at 1:00 on ESPN+

We Win and We’re In! is the theme for the game. It is also SR day and there are various promotions listed on the Miami website. Ball State is currently 3rd in the MAC, having lost to Toledo and BG in their last 2 games, but are still ranked #9 in the Mid Major Poll. Last year in the MAC tournament Ball State was a #5 seed, but they beat #4 NIU, then #1 Toledo, before losing a hard fought championship game by 4 points to Buffalo. They are just missing one key player from that team.

A for Senior Day, Website says we will honor Peyton Scott, Amani Freeman, Jordan Tuff ( injured all year), and Taylor Boruff. Peyton Scott earlier announced that she would be back. I am not sure about any of the others, but they all have another year of eligibility because of Covid. I remember last season Mekhi Lairy went through the SR. Day ceremony and then returned.

Ball State is 23-7 (13-4). RS SR Anna Clephane averages 14 and 6-0 GR SR Thelma August Dottir (Iceland) averages 12 and might set the school record for career 3’s. 6-2 Sophomore Marie Kiefer has been the leading scorer lately. SOPH point guard Alli Becki is a former runner up to Miss Basketball in Indiana and might be their best player.

The first time we played the Cardinals we were up 12 at the end of 1, then got blown out and lost by 30. Ball State has lost 3 games late in the year, including one to NIU right before we drilled Northern. We play like we did that night and we could win. If we should lose, there is still a chance to squeeze in, less than 50% I think, and it would depend on who we would be tied with and the tiebreakers. So just like the men tonight, best to win and then you don’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

Season ticket holders who have their tickets scanned will automatically be entered in a drawing for airline tickets. No mention as to where.

1 Like

Maybe we could use them to fly to Miami for the Miami Miami game.

2 Likes

We lose by 9.