Ball State game

Miami (Ohio) @ Ball State

Current Records: Miami (Ohio) 7-9; Ball State 11-5

What to Know

The Ball State Cardinals and the Miami (Ohio) RedHawks are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (5-5), but not for long. Ball State and the RedHawks will face off in a Mid-American battle at 2 p.m. ET Saturday at John E. Worthen Arena. Ball State is out to keep their six-game home win streak alive.

The Cardinals were within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 76-71 to the Ohio Bobcats.

2 Likes

We’ve been playing better of late, though I still don’t have a good feeling about this one. We might cover (+10.5), but a win seems unlikely.

1 Like

I used to road trip to this game when it was on a Saturday afternoon and meet up with a friend of mine. A lot of fun. And if Alex and company are reading this, I’ll just say……

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

1 Like

We matchup poorly with their guards. And for some reason we’re averaging over 5 more fouls per game in conference than out.

Love the free beer effort to get students out for a team who’s turning it around.

2 Likes

Based on this start we should all get free beers.

2 Likes

Somehow fouls 5 to 1. Sparks brings his hands down on his block attempts, but Mirambeaux doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Foul disparities are showing up in every in-conference game for some reason.

Evened up now. Credit to Steele for trying to switch up the defense, but BSU seems to have the zone figured out.

As good as Lairy is, having an undersized PG will hurt you defensively. Happened against CMU and Kent, and Buffalo tried to exploit it.

Good job to bring it back to single digits. Lairy is taking some shots that might as well be turnovers - weird floaters in the lane, off balance, with his weak hand.

BSU has had more unique content on our players than our broadcast has shown all season.

3 Likes

In other news, WMU scored 69 points in the 2nd to beat BG 108 in regulation.

I actually don’t mind this Lairy-less lineup. Against certain teams it can be effective. Anderson, Lewis, Safford, Kamari, Mabry.

2 Likes

Missing too many free throws.

1 Like

Missed free throws are killing us. No room for error.

1 Like

We got a break there. Come on #1

The score looks bad, but if we shoot FTs and knock down some open 3s like we normally do, this is a very different game.

2 Likes

Pretty terrible shooting day. Can’t buy a 3 and we missed some free throws that would have made this interesting. But all-in-all a forgettable performance.

1 Like

Mabry was terrible. Not saying he was the reason we lost. But he didn’t have a good day.

1 Like

BSU’s coach not happy with his teams play

Yeah, well I am not happy with Miami’s play.

2 Likes

Although truthfully the outcome is what I expected.

1 Like