Bahamas Bowl roll call

@VoxRedHawks ESPNU’s College Sports Today - online on SiriusXM 84?right now was joking about our display of the Bahamas flag list night. Dennis and Nicole speculated about a half hour ago that someone had to have brought it in because there probably wasn’t one available in Oxford, Ohio. I doubt that. Show is on live now.

2 Likes

I was thinking the MAC office brought a box of Bahamian flags and colored sun glasses to the game since they were hyping the game as a battle for the Bahama Bowl. They simply placed the box behind the Miami bench once the game was in hand.

2 Likes

The Brett topic isn’t locked. And this is the bowl thread, not the Brett thread.

It was (had a lock on it from JDW posting)…now it’s not but started by another poster. Maybe I glanced and did not see this Brett thread that was already started.

2 Likes

Mrs. D-Day & I are in - Cincinnati to Atlanta to Nassau on Delta, landing around 5 pm Monday afternoon.

4 Likes

I’m guessing we play WKU

2 Likes

@Ballcoach1 You’re probably right. They’re already eligible so they can start the international travel process immediately and the other possibility would be an unappealing rematch with UNT. Since we’ve played WKU twice in the past 8 years and play them twice in the next 5, I would have hoped for a team we never play. Plus they’ve already been to Nassau at least once. We’ll play whoever runs out of the visitors locker room.

1 Like

Ballcoach, given your success with predictions I’m gonna say WKU also. I would like our chances with that match up.

WKU put up some big offensive numbers in a few games…pretty decent team and would be favored over us I am sure.

4 Likes

Maybe. I’m not making any predictions. Last night was the craziest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Made no sense. Not unlike Weekend at Bernie’s 3.

2 Likes

I was there last night and I felt for sure like we were beat. BSU going for it on 4th down at midfield was the gift that keeps on giving. Aveon missed those deep balls all night long. However, when he had to do it, he did. This year was not great. I am very happy for the players to finish with a bowl game. They never quit on each other. This is why we love sports. Those guys on the field and sidelines learned how to make the best of a tough situation. Next year has to be better. Losing Gabbert sucks. That’s college football these days though. Excited to see who steps up next.

6 Likes

Well said. Chuck’s kids play hard. And for the most part have been trouble free. That speaks to his character. I think adversity will improve this group.

1 Like

Again, given the disappointment of this season in general, I am “pleased as punch” that the guys came back against NIU and BSU to secure a bowl slot…I am sure the guys are excited as heck to be going to Bahamas, and it’s already fun to click on bowl game schedule links and see our name plastered first on the first bowl listing of the season.

As for opponent, don’t care all they much but sure would like to see a team we match up well with (and can beat), and I think UAB fits that bill a little better than WKU. (who blew out a few teams this year w big scoring numbers).

3 Likes

Fortunate finish to a very lackluster year. They looked like they might have been ready to fold at the end of the third but sparked by renewed intensity from the defense they came alive and willed us to a last hour victory. Hopefully they will bring that fourth quarter intensity to the Bahamas and finish 7-6 instead of with a losing record. With Brett leaving, we definitely have a QB controversy heading into spring. It should be resolved by summer.

4 Likes

The only QB controversy is the one in your brain.

1 Like

“Professor is this real or is it just going on in my head”?

“Who’s to say that if it’s going on in your head it isn’t real?”

1 Like

I don’t know if you’d call it a true controversy but if those guys lined up in the room feel next year’s starter is pre-ordained going into spring drills, they’ve got the opportunity to jump in the portal right after spring practice ends. Either way, we’re now in a worse position than we were in August when we had an All MAC QB with no experienced backup. Now we’ve got a moderately experienced QB and no experienced backup.

2 Likes

Miami is a nice opportunity for someone. Good players have come and will come. If we win a bowl game it will be the first time since the 70s we’ve won bowls in back to back years. Chew on that!

I will be happy if we get a good portal dude and our current qb becomes a running back or a slot receiver.

1 Like

The up and down play of the offensive line is a bigger issue. If we get strong offensive play, the QB matters less because whoever it is will have a little more time to make good decisions and most importantly, the running game will help him.

2 Likes