Awful loss

Some IDIOT in the Miami athletic office?

The way Miami is playing, the fewer “fans” who show up, the better.

We really have missed on a number of QBs here in Chucks tenure, but it’s strange because all of the following have had other MAC/G5 offers.

Mayer, Williamson, Wilzensky, Bahl.

I still have hope for Smith, but I think going with a 2 QB system wouldn’t be the worst idea.

2 Likes

Sad times…

2 Likes

The funny thing is…and totally agree with you, his play calling predictable, until it’s baffling…when would hope for just predictable and execution (i.e., red zone blunders).

You cannot discount Aveon’s run game against UB, and at times he threw okay (how a QB coach has not worked on his throwing off back foot in three years is a bit amazing)…anyway I just think a mix of Hesson on a couple series, could work for everyone.

5 Likes

The 2022 recruits have the highest ranking in the Mac per 247 sports. So far , 2023 recruiting seems to be going well too. I think we are recruiting well. It’s still early in the season. Maybe these young guys aren’t ready yet? However, if we aren’t winning. We better get them on the field. The portal is looming out there. I’m not a portal fan. I imagine it’s hard to manage a roster in today’s college football world.

4 Likes

So if our recruiting is so good as you say Ballcoach1, why is our record so poor? You are saying we have the right players. So are they not being properly coached? Is the game day play calling bad? Is the game day coaching bad? Are they not playing up to their recruiting projection abilities? Something else? All of the above?

They are freshmen/ sophomores. Just need time. But what do I know?

I agree, he lacks in game coaching abilities. Other than that, he appears to be a great guy and a good recruiter.

2 Likes

He will probably always be a great guy, but I believe the recruiting will drop off dramatically if we continue with mediocre to poor results. The university and facilities are a great sell, but sooner or later(probably sooner) the record will catch up to him.

2 Likes

@Skins Great take! We are gaining a reputation for being an underachieving, mediocre MAC program. We’ve only been at the top of the MAC one year in Chuck’s 8 seasons and it doesn’t look like we’re headed back there this season. I’m guessing other coaches - while having to acknowledge our inviting campus, academic prestige and shiny facilities - are showcasing our lack of results.

2 Likes

But haven’t Miami recruiting classes been touted as near the top of the MAC for the last several years?

1 Like

Pretty sure they are always in the top half of MAC at least and some years right up here towards the top.

2 Likes

I mean guys we had Ivan Pace (leading the nation in tackles per game, maybe TFL), Lonnie Phelps (tearing up B12, leading TFLs), Kam (not sure what his impact has been, but he’s a great player and getting a Master’s degree at UVA, so good for him!), Sterling Weatherford (NFL), DOM ROB (NFL), and I’m forgetting someone on D that was in NFL or is still working on it…on offense all these running backs and OL were avail…we had solid receivers, even a great one…and we were, you name/guessed 7-6.

It’s coaching, plain and simple - specifically in game.

4 Likes

Mike Brown.

Don’t let the offers fool you. Tons of fake (non-committable) offers are given to kids their 9-10 grade yrs. Miami gives them too - means nothing other than someone flirted when the kid was young and most likely had a paid hustler pushing them to schools. What the kid does in college is what counts - look at the portal figures for proof on how coaches are fooled regularly.

1 Like

Bottom line what will it take for a finish for Chuck to be shown the door by AD? 2-5? 0-7? Is there anything or are we doomed to see this again next year?

2 Likes

@Redskin1989 I’m guessing that with the popping off he’s done about the scheduling by the AD and the cheapness of the conference that 5-7 and not making a bowl might be the threshold. The next question is who might want the Miami job at this stage? Do any names jump off the page?

2 Likes

He could lose out and take a piss on the podium at his last press conference and he’d be back next year. I don’t see our AD ever making a FB move until Chuck voluntarily leaves or alumni put up money to make a move.

3 Likes

Would take a lot but would to see Kerry Combs. Great recruiter and motivator.

1 Like