App State sells out season tickets

They’re leaving to shag, baby. YEEEEAAAAHHHHH!

I’m sitting on the student side and watching the home stands empty, both games. It’s adults and fans who are leaving early in the home stands. They’re the ones I’m talking about. I know students leave early. And you know how I feel about how cold those home stands get when the shadows fall over them, especially with the 3:30pm start times.

I’ve given up on the athletic department having an absolute clue on moving the start time back to 1pm or 1:30pm. Maybe 2pm. “ESPN controls the kickoff times for Miami” so they’re gonna be 3:30pm kickoffs. (Yes Big Brother). Add in those 10, 3-4 minute long time outs on ESPN+ that happen the 4th quarter, you’re looking at getting out of the stadium after 7pm. You haven’t started trying to leave the parking lot yet, let alone get on the road home. But drag it out and get them advertising dollars.

This past season I’ve moved myself to the other side of the stadium and into the sun. It’s warmer, you don’t need climbing equipment or a Sherpa to get to the seats, and the food and drinks are more accessible.

1 Like

ESPN is paying for the games and footing the production cost. If we want to produce them ourselves and get them on a stream ourselves and all that, we can schedule things when we want.

1 Like

Miami has the resources to do all this internally if the AD had a pulse

On a somewhat related note … I decided to pull the trigger on Montana State season tix this year. But my lazy ass waited a bit too long and they’re …. sold out.

Guess it’ll have to wait another year, but being small and remote isn’t the problem.

1 Like

Ha i was almost in the same.boat, I pulled the trigger on NC State tix. There were maybe 8 seats left when I bought. 2 days later they announced sold out.

1 Like

Night games at Carter Finley are very underrated. Fun place and great fans - enjoy.

2 Likes

To be fair, Montana and Montana State football are THE marquee teams within a 500 mile radius.

6 Likes

Anyone know how our season ticket sales are going? As the reigning MAC champs with Saturday home games against UC and Ohio, they ought to be robust - especially considering we’re the MAC favorite in 2024.

1 Like

Welcome!

2 Likes