Akron Zips men's basketball at Miami Saturday at 1:00 ESPN+

Hunter back in with 21 seconds?

Despite a late Zips 4-point play, Miami leads 41-32 at the break. Great 1st half.

1 Like

Except for missing some good looks early and fouling three point shooters twice, this was otherwise an excellent half by Miami.

That was a very good half. In the last 13 minutes, we outscored them 32-14. For much of the half, we played with way more energy than they did. We didnā€™t take more than 3 bad shots in the half. If we made some layups early, weā€™d be up by more. Defensively, I donā€™t know if weā€™ve been more alert this year. Everyone whoā€™s played has contributed at both ends, which is great. Great advance scouting with the points off of 2 inbounds plays under the basket. Akron isnā€™t playing our high screen well on defense. Thatā€™s allowing us to get some easy baskets. Letā€™s see if we can do it again because I canā€™t believe that Akron and even Groce will not bring the energy in the 2nd half.

1 Like

Akron 1-11 on shots not three pointers. And we are winning points in the paint 16-2!

1 Like

Donā€™t think Mabrey or Bultman took an outside shot. Look for that in second half.

Other than Hunter with three we are in good shape with fouls. No one else more than 1. Akron has 6 players with 2 fouls each. I have really enjoyed our shot selection today as we havenā€™t just been jacking up threes. Moving the ball fairly crisply and getting outstanding looks. Need to keep doing that.

Last comment at the half. We are much better when we have a healthier/healthy Ipsaro and an Ipsaro looking for his shot.

1 Like

Miami without a FG to start the 2nd half. Still up 44-40 at the U16

The only glaring negative today so far is Mirambeaux getting toasted on 2 free throw box outs. Weā€™re having a tough time guarding Ali, heā€™s feeling it.

I just watched the shot clock our last possession. Anderson got the ball and stood there with it for 3 seconds. In other words, stagnant offense, no ball movement.

2 Likes

Akron flummoxed by this defense, but Miami looking a little gassed.

Yeah, the offense hasnā€™t been nearly as crisp. We havenā€™t run that high pick and roll with the weak side wing cutting to the basket. But weā€™re still making them take bad shots. I wouldnā€™t keep doubling the post and leaving Ali open though.

Say what you want about AM, when no one else is looking for a shot, he is

1 Like

We made a couple of nice mid-range shots but I still donā€™t like the offense. We only have 1 person cutting at a time instead of multiple guys and the 1 guy cutting is often flaring back up top and not diving to the basket. The guy cutting to the basket my not get the ball, but his movement might open it up for someone else.

56-52 Miami at the U8. Akron will be shooting two the rest of the way.

Offensive movement has turned to shit.

Miami team fouls are going to be problematic.

Mirambeaux taketh but giveth. He as late on the Freeman 3, letting him step into it. Then he committed a bad foul on the offensive glass. But then he comes back and makes a great shot in the lane for a chance at an and 1.

1 Like

I want a 2 for 1 here.

3 Likes

Unreal

1 Like