2024 recruits

Wow. That’s petty. He must have plenty of time on his hands.

The kid has not even played his freshman year of high school ball yet.

The life of a college basketball recruiter is not easy.

1 Like

Richmond, IN

1 Like

That’s the HS of Desmond Bane.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Delamarr Blanton, pg, Middletown (transfer from Trotwood Madison)

Combo guard, Miami East High School.

“The son of former local standout NFL player Curtis Enis. He has the makings early on of a quality prospect to play at the next level someday.”

2 Likes

Other players from Wildcat Select AAU team.

1 Like

Looks like this staff is frenetically recruiting everywhere. Love it!

2 Likes

Looks like Safford practicing…

Cincinnati College Prep Academy and Griffin Elite AAU

1 Like

Add Mason Shrout, from Preble Shawnee, 6’4" guard. Has a Miami offer.

Mason Shrout highlights. To me, on first glance, seems similar type game as Billy Smith and Ryan Mabrey, so I think we are getting more of a feel of what Steele and his staff are looking for. And if the early returns on Smith and Mabrey are any indication, these are definitely kids we can win with and build a solid program around.

1 Like

Guys that can shoot…sort of helpful, LOL.

Yeah he looks like a nice addition, if they can get him in.

Mason Shrout also has reported offers from Belmont, Ball State, IPFW, Akron, Ohio, Toledo, Wright State.

Love, love, love the emphasis this staff is placing on having multiple shooters.

2 Likes

Steele mentioned at one point that for class of '24, they’re looking for wings. In '23 they landed two PGs to help there, as well as two big men, and one wing. We’ll need to replace Safford, Williams, and Etzler, so some big shoes to fill.

1 Like

Damn, that’s super impressive tape. He’s so fluid into his shot, especially off the dribble. Would be very interested in seeing more and making him a priority target.

1 Like

Yep. As I said, reminds me of Billy Smith and Mabrey. At this point, more Smith than Mabrey. But similar type players.

Shrout is about as close to Oxford as any player we have ever had