2024 Luke Skaljac [Miami Commit]

This kid is one of the top players in northern Ohio (Brecksville). Has been followed by staff for a while. PG, kind of Cleveland version of Ipsaro. Offers from most of the MAC.

https://twitter.com/lskaljac/status/1616622796288802816?s=46&t=Vwhb5QLzWGGm8vy_MBOivg

1 Like

He is getting interest from some high majors including Purdue and LSU.

1 Like
1 Like

I watched him play a week ago. He can play in the MAC but I’d be surprised if Purdue or LSU would offer.

2 Likes

Ohio Buckets is reporting that. I am just passing it on. He has offers from most of the top programs in the MAC: OU, Toledo, Kent, and Akron.

1 Like

JDad,
Did you happen to notice Chase Garito, the “2” of their 1-2 punch? Think he’s a senior and only seems to have a D2 offer, but seems to be a big part of Brecksville’s team.

A friend, a fellow Miami grad/bball fan, referred me to a former OSU fall player who has watched Luke for the last couple years. He was very complimentary of Luke’s game. Good bball IQ. Tough with a little edge (which I like). I watched some video from his soph year and he showed a terrific ability to see the floor and pass. Has several MAC offers. Be another solid addition and another PG, which is a good thing.
Oh, and both parents are Miami grads.

5 Likes

Digital,
Yes, he is an athletic built 6-6, 6-7 with good footwork down low. I only watched one game and he didn’t shoot much beyond the key. I heard the same thing about him having a D2 offer but most of the OAC (D3) schools are on him. He will be very good there, not so sure about D1, other than as a PWO.

1 Like

Obviously a smart kid!

1 Like

I think the 6’6 kid is the other one who announced a Miami offer. Luke is 6’2".

1 Like

They (Luke and Alex) play on the same AAU team, but different high schools.

2 Likes

D1 POTY in Northeast Lakes district.

Found some updated season information:

• Suburban League MVP (Champions);
  • Nature Coast FL Holiday Tournament MVP;
  • D1 POY Northeast Ohio Lakes District;
  • Cleveland.com POY;
  • 1st Team All-Ohio D1;
  • Finalist Ohio Mr. Basketball;
    23 PPG / 5.5 Ast / 5 Reb / 2.5 Steal
    52%FG; 41% 3PT; 75% FT
3 Likes

Welcome! Ps, Is this guy coming to Oxford? Looks good.

I’d be really happy if Skaljak ends up committing to Miami. He made a ton of noise this HS season and tore it up as a junior. Shoots, passes, rebounds, and defends well.

Had a double double in a recent AAU game.

1 Like

Not optimistic he’ll come to Oxford, but his father is followed by Steele.

So there’s that…

If he comes to Oxford and develops a quality dunk, I’ll start calling him Luke Skywalker. You can tell him that if you have an in. Maybe it will sweeten the pot.

1 Like

Reminds me of Pete Maravich…Miami could really use a kid like this…Fabulous passer.

As I have posted previously about Luke, according to a fellow Miami grad/bball supporter who has a connection to the family, Luke is very interested in Davidson. Is waiting for offer. However, if his best offers are MAC teams, he will come to Miami. As I posted before, both parents are Miami grads.

2 Likes

Davidson is in an interesting situation. First time with a new coach in a long time. Their previous head coach went from 1998-2022 never going more than 4 years between tournament appearances. This year his son took over and the underlying numbers are concerning. They’ve also typically been aggressive with redshirting to help with development and have older teams. I’m not sure how well that will work in a transfer portal world.

That’s a lot of words to say:

• I’m not surprised someone interested in Miami would have an interest in Davidson.
  • I think Miami is in a great position to land Skaljak.
5 Likes