2024 Luke Skaljac [Miami Commit]

I agree, Jive. Bob McKillop was a legendary coach and consistent winner. I didn’t realize he had retired until I saw their first game this season. His son certainly didn’t impress in his first year.

I realllllly like this kid. Would be a great fit for Miami. I know he’s a huge target for the staff!

1 Like

Davidson is an amazing school and Lake Norman is pretty awesome. However, I think growth opportunities will be much better at Miami and schools are quite similar (although Oxford is nothing like Lake Norman/Davidson—restaurant, Kindred, is amazing).

1 Like

Davidson College is considered a “Southern Ivy”. It’s a feeder college to elite graduate schools. Access to Charlotte is about the same as Miami’s access to Cincy. Ironically, housing prices in Davidson are off the charts. But they’re off the charts in Oxford, too…particularly with lower end real estate…and primarily due to a lack of inventory IMO. Lake Norman with its easy access, miles of shoreline and amenities - plus milder weather - probably tilts the livability advantage from Oxford to Davidson.

Nonsense. Oxford has Phan Shin. Case closed!

2 Likes

Can’t believe that place is still in existence. Always thought food was absolutely awful. Would drive to Hamilton for another bad Chinese food experience, albeit slightly better. Still no better options in Oxford?

It seems your not a “fan of the phan” but here’s the thing, it’s been around over 40 years! There are Michelin starred restaurants where I live that lasted far less time.

SF housing prices preempted people’s ability to eat at those four stars. And if you can’t afford $2 million for a 40 year old slab home with a carport, you can’t afford $800 for dinner for two. The Phan is a $20 for two one-star meals for those who live in a 400 square foot dorm room.

1 Like

So you’re a fan of The Phan. Nice.
I miss that Grand China Buffett and that food was pure pig slop but it ran as plentiful as the Nile after the spring snow melts

1 Like

Back on topic, let’s get this guy to Oxford. Always great to add someone who can score, pass, rebound, and play solid defense.

4 Likes

Ah, but how is the Chinese food in Davidson?

1 Like

Apparently you have to drive to Huntersville to get decent Asian food

6 Likes

Jive, here’s a wild thought: what if the fragrant aromas of The Phan are the magic to landing great recruits? Oh you doubt? Well, I’ve never shared this but here goes. I recall a story Charlie once told about how he landed Wally. It seems World had a lot of options and wasn’t sold on Oxford. But! When he went to Phan Shin and had but one bite, he knew Oxford was the spot. Coincidence? Maybe. I’m gonna keep it real here: some say that’s dark magic. I say: “why don’t we just own it and take every recruit there.” Also, my story may or may not be verifiable, but what is are the complex flavors of #37. #LukeSkywalkerIsComingToMU

3 Likes

I recruited Wally. Just sayin…

1 Like

China Cottage has excellent food in the Centerville-Springboro area!

1 Like

Alas I was remiss! It was just yesterday that Digital Hawk was telling me about the magical powers Phan Shin had on recruits. Sadly, my memory is not as robust as my waistline. (No thanks to that scamp Phan Shin!)

2 Likes

“Not sure what happened”

Something you wanna hear about a restaurant as much as an “oops” from your barber shop.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Speaker of the House showing his handles.

2 Likes