2023 Recruiting Thread

Miami goes north of the border for their latest commit. 6’8 285 lb. OL Andrew Lowry from Newmarket, Ontario. Had offers from EMU, Kent State, among others. He’s…rather big.

4 Likes

In five years we can follow his CFL career.

Preferably NFL

1 Like

Just a little thing, but interesting that the post referred to Miami University, and not of Ohio.

2 Likes

I wonder if he has any low post moves? :grinning:

He gets bonus points for that. We should have a tier chart based on how right or wrong they get the name with something like University of Miami of Ohio being the worst and Miami University being the best.

2 Likes

Howard Cosell starts out at the lowest tier…I heard him at Yager…University of Miami of Ohio.

1 Like

It was worse than that. Cosell actually said “Miami of Florida”. We (the student section) boo-ed him loudly and mercilessly. From what I heard Howard was pretty drunk at the time.

1 Like

I also booed HC at that game.

2 Likes

Me, too. Pathetic. Ruined the event.

Ruined the event?

1 Like

The event being the appearance of Howard. Not the game or anything else. But there was a big deal made about his attendance and with his comment the air went out of the balloon.

2 Likes

I was going to say “I’m sure he was wasted.” But then your post included it. :laughing:

New commit from the weekend. Really solid pickup!

3 Likes

With only seven seniors in their last year of eligibility, and so far 18 commits will be curious to see what players will not be coming back next year.

1 Like

Walk-on QB just committed. Actually like him a lot. He slings it pretty good and has decent legs.

1 Like

DE/OLB Roosevelt Andrews commits over every MAC school. This has been a top target from the beginning!

1 Like