2023 Recruiting Thread

PJ Fleck at WMU preached a 6 hour driving range for recruiting. For Miami that would include all of OH, KY, IN, most of IL, MI, WV and some of TN and Western PA. Seems about right to me. I think we’ve gone even farther south into GA and the Carolinas too.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Good point. College football recruiting is no longer local. It’s regional at the least and becoming national for many programs. The five-six hour concept with forays into the South seems reasonable for Miami. Local southwestern Ohio ties should also be kept strong - or renewed - as that is our primary fan base neighborhood.

As an aside, one would think Eastern Michigan would be heavy into recruiting Detroit and Toledo area kids. But take a look at the Eagles’ roster. You’ll be surprised.

1 Like

Ha!

1 Like

Drunk posting. Sorry, miss you nonetheless.

Not drunk posting, right?

Miami adds a PWO kicker to the 2023 class

1 Like

" McLaughlin wants to be among the elite few who receive a scholarship offer as a freshman but realizes a preferred walk-on spot may be more likely. A 4.5-star kicker according to Kohl’s Kicking’s rating system ranked No. 100 in the nation at his position, he attended camps at Cincinnati, Duke, Louisville, Kentucky and Purdue during the summer and said all five schools are showing interest.

“It’s definitely not like the four-star and five-star guys who are getting offers from every school when they’re sophomores,” McLaughlin said. “The kickers always come last, and that’s very difficult mentally and pressure-wise. It’s very black and white. You either make it, or you don’t. A stat book can tell you how good a kicker is. You can’t do that with any other position.”"

A punter just decommited from UK and retweeted this kicker’s commit…

Henry’s still in school at Miami I think. He kicked the season before Graham arrived. That gives us three kickers on the roster next season.

I think he graduated in December

AND WE HAVE ANOTHER COMMIT!! 6’5" 190 POUND WR RJ DENT!!

WELCOME ABOARD!!

1 Like

I think Dent is actually a late 2023 commit

Where’s Dent from?

Correct. Dent is a '23 walk-on from Illinois

1 Like

Looks like RJ Dent might be the son of Chicago Bears great and Hall of Famer Richard Dent.

3 Likes

Chuck had to love that in home visit

2 Likes

Richard Dent and son were at the last home game against Ball State

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:

Maybe we have a better player coming in.