2022 NCAA Bracket Challenge

You are not alone. I don’t remember a tourney this crazy. I have one team left in my Elite 8 and the way things are going, they will lose tonight. Its the product of a one-and-done system. Is the National Champ really the best team or the team that got hot at the right time?
Its like it is all set up this year for Coach K.

I made a joke bracket where I pick teams based on which mascot would win in a fight. My actual bracket didn’t pass that bracket in the standings until Houston won last night. It’s been a bizarre tournament.

2 Likes

Go Peacocks!

1 Like

I’ve got to say, I was surprised that Houston was only a 5 seed. I think the committee cocked that up. They were top 15 all season, something like 29-5 or so, a final 4 team last year, and most of the team is back. They’re one of my 2 final four teams still alive.

My ship sunk with the Zags though. They really disappointed me from the get go though. They looked bad in both games even getting to the sweet 16, probably a miracle they got as far as they did. Now it’s lining up for Coach K to go out with a bang.

Pretty much this. I remember watching the preshow last Thursday right before the games began, and they asked Barkley who the favorites to win it all were. He said, “there are no great teams in the tournament this season, just a bunch of good ones, so it’ll come down to who gets hot. There are probably 10 to 20 teams capable of winning this thing.” Paraphrasing, but that was probably really close.

And to think that Gonzaga was th overall number 1 seed again, but this year’s Zags were no where near as good as last year’s. They lost 3 or 4 more regular season games, and their sos resume was much less impressive. I recall that last year they had already beaten the 2, 3 and 4 seeds in their own bracket during the regular season because I had never seen that before. That was a great team, and they lost in the championship to a great Baylor team. Well, it doesn’t appear that there are any teams like that in this year’s tournament.

And honestly, some of the seeding seems screwed up, so I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see some lower seeded teams make a deep run.

Yeah…me too…I still have NOVA in the fight…but after I saw the initial Zags effort, I was a bit surprised and thought…these guys are not winning it all.