2022 Football Transfer Portal - Other Teams

OU’s kicker, a true freshman who made a 56-yarder to send the Arizona Bowl to overtime, has entered the portal.

1 Like

Maybe OSU gave him a call.

If he’s out there and not in the portal I don’t think any coaches from OSU or any other school can legally talk to the kid.

So here’s one of the ways it works. The coaches at OSU know some kid on their roster was teammates with the kicker and has them call him up and check out would you think about a move?

Or, someone at OSU knows his roommate or teammate and the OSU kid calls the roommate and inquires do you think he’d move if we offered? If he says he’ll talk then OSU (or where ever) player will call him directly and feel him out. That’s what happened with my great nephew at OU. An old football buddy called him up and wanted to know if his teammate/roommate would be interested in moving???

Was talking to him about portal stuff at family get together this Christmas Eve. He was looking forward to heading out to Tucson for OU’s bowl game. I thought it was funny that he got a call from an friend inquiring about his roommate. The roomie declined to talk to who ever it was. (I didn’t ask who called.)

So we see that if/ when the OU kicker enters the portal and magically gets an OSU or P/5 offer you can bet good money this possibly/probably how it went down.

Kind of the opposite of plopping yourself in the portal and hope you get a offer without knowing if anyone’s interested.

Carson Steele headed to UCLA

The Murphy twins from North Texas last year, Steele from Ball State this year… Miami ends their seasons and then UCLA picks up the pieces.

Former Indiana and Missouri QB Connor Bazelak has committed to BGSU

1 Like

Deland McCullough II, who started his career at Miami, is now leaving Indiana. His brother left earlier this off-season as well. The Indiana reunion with their dad apparently didn’t go as planned. Kind of a shame

Maybe he’s on MU’s radar. Has great talent. Might do well as a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Dasan and Daeh transferred to Oklahoma. Per this article, Dasan demanded a NIL deal of $300K up front and $5K a month for the next year, then walked when IU’s collectives could only come up with $200K and asked for more time to raise money.

I thought Deland II had to give up football due to injury.

1 Like

On this article three thoughts

1. I am an old guy who thinks that these NIL deals will ruin college sports for me eventually

2. even without NIL I think he may have transferred based on dad and brothers leaving and a 4-8 record

3. Sayler should target the P5 that will struggle with NIL (like Indiana) for future schedules. We schedule almost 10 years in the future- figure out who is building the war chest and who cant and schedule who cant

5 Likes

We just picked up Gage Larvadain. A 5’10” 160 lb WR from Southeastern Louisiana.

1 Like

"In the fall of 2022, Gage led the Lions with 59 catches for 730 yards and 2 touchdowns.

He returned 20 kickoffs for 502 yards, averaging 25 yards per return.

As a freshman in 2021, Larvadain was named the Southland Conference Freshman of the year and received All-Conference honors as a wide receiver and kick returner.

Gage started his college football career at Southeastern Louisiana University after a stellar senior year that saw 33 touchdowns scored at three different positions.

He played quarterback, wide receiver, and defensive back for the Rebels.

Gage was named both the CrescentCitySports.com, NASH ICON 106.1 FM, and Friday Night Football Prep Player of the Year for the entire New Orleans metro area in 2020.

On the basketball court, he averaged 27 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists for Tim Byrd and the Riverside Rebels in their run to the semi-final round of the Division IV playoffs."

1 Like

Intriguing!

Maybe he was recruited as a KO return man to replace JWalk.

Got the shorts.

1 Like

Not just as a returner, he’s a dynamic receiver.

2 Likes

Awww……too bad we don’t use receivers in our offense!

Former Kent State wide receiver Dante Cephas has committed to Penn State, he announced on social media Sunday.

1 Like

I believe this is video of Gage:

4 Likes