2021-22 Schedule

I’m old enough to remember when the athletic department ran a free ticket promotion (BOGO?) for a UC game, then couldn’t figure out why about 11,000 people showed up.

The Tennessee game in '98 was my biggest Millett crowd (8,840).

3 Likes

I would love to see pictures of Miami with those 9-10,000 crowds, I have tried to google the internet, but to no avail. Must have been cool to have a real arena feel!

1 Like

One of the highlights of the year was getting the old Miami basketball yearbook/media guide. There were some old pictures in there of Millett at capacity.

2 Likes

After Friday’s games, there’s just 28 undefeated teams left in the country. We’re one of them.

I was at that UC game…it’s still Millett, but at capacity was quite the scene…all the cloth and carpet were covered with people.

I haven’t seen that place even come close to full since Notre dame came to Oxford back in the early 2000s. UC will probably out number Miami fans anywhere from 3-1 to 5-1.

Looks like the Firecrackers are the halftime show for the UC game.

1 Like

Aren’t they all about 50 years old by now?

2 Likes

Purdue came to millet in 2004 and I remember it being quite full. Box lists just over 6800. Can’t remember a game that would be over 6000 since.

Think we had 5K for Xavier a little while back. How many did we get for Michigan?

Reality check: we lost lost to WIU.

If you’d rather think of it as Harvard or Penn (pretty campuses, great academics) you can. Or Duquesne or St. Joe’s. Those are all about the level of WIU this year. It’s really not the horrendous loss you seem to think it is.

I don’t understand why some are painting this as a season-defining loss. We were only slight favorites. We lost on the road to a team that beat Nebraska and NKU. It’s not like we lost to Lamar at home. It’s disappointing for sure, but it’s our first loss of the season.

If you’re hoping for a large student turnout, there is a big difference between going in undefeated and coming in off a loss to Western Illinois. Not really the team’s fault, just the way it is.

I don’t think so. You’re assuming said students are aware they played WIU. It’s a big game regardless.

Students probably know we beat GT. I can all but guarantee you most don’t know who else we have played nor the results.

Worst show in the biz. Guaranteed loss.

1 Like