1926 Miami/College Corner Football Scandal

Who knew?

I was always fascinated by the CC school’s gym because it was the only place in the country where you played offense in one state, fell back and played defense in another. The half court line is the state line.

College Corner High School 's athletic teams were known as the Trojans. They competed in the Preble County League in Ohio from 1907 to 1974. From 1940 to 1968, they additionally competed in the Whitewater Valley Conference in Indiana. The school’s 1926 football team was its last despite a 30–2 record because players had been brought in from nearby Miami University. The Ohio High School Athletic Association banned the team for 100 years when the deception was discovered.[10]

So in four years we can all attend the glorious relaunch of the program? 100 years!

1 Like

That’s what I thought, except they closed the CC high school in 1972 and merged it to form Liberty Union County HS.

CC…where we went to get the hard stuff w fake ID’s while at Miami!

1 Like

Bias College Corner carry out Liquor Store.

1 Like

I remember going in there to load up for a frat formal…I was always certain I would get nailed for using a fake ID but never was…